Chief Information Security Officer
Perspecta, Herndon, VA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.Responsibilities
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We are a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
We are looking for a Chief Information Security Officer in Herndon, Virginia
The person that fills this position will be expected to perform the following:
- Coordinate and maintain security toolsets to support organizations’ continuous monitoring and ongoing authorization programs, establish a framework by which cyber risk can be measured and quantified in the marketplace.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and integration of a DoD IA architectures, systems, or system components for use within computing, network, and enclave environments.
- Ensure that the architecture and design of development and operational systems are functional and secure. This include designs for program of record systems and special purpose processing nodes with platform IT interconnectivity.
- Analyzes network events to determine the impact on current operations and conduct all-source research to determine advisory capability and intent
- Prepares assessments and cyber threat profiles of current events based on the sophisticated collection, research and analysis of classified and open source information; correlates threat data from various sources
- Develops and maintains procedures to meet program requirements and ensure operational efficiency and program compliance; work closely with the Program Architect to implement and operate a secure/zero trust network design
- Ensures that the program collects, analyzes, and uses cyber security data to inform design, modernization, and risk-assessment decisions
- Conducts research and evaluate technical and all-source intelligence with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures focused on the threat to DoD information networks
- Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 12+ years of CISO experience
- Active DOD Secret clearance
- Security+, Network+, or CISSP certification
- 10+ years of leadership experience with diverse, multi-domain, distributed program teams
- 5+ years of experience with Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) implementation in the DOD
- 5+ years of leadership experience with diverse, multi-domain, distributed engineering teams
- Communicate across communities with exceptional written and oral communications skills, including executive-level presentations
- Experience with conducting information system security engineering activities in accordance with Army Regulation 25-1, Information Technology.
- Master of Science with 10+ years of CISO experience.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.