Category Manager - Systems Procurement
Motorola Solutions, Schaumburg, IL
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The Global Procurement Organization provides the resources, processes, governance, systems and controls for acquiring goods and services efficiently, effectively and ethically from a diverse supply base that provides Motorola Solutions a competitive advantage on cost, quality, technology, service and delivery. The Systems and Indirect Procurement Organization is responsible for the acquisition of all Software, Hardware and Services (including Cloud Services) both used internally by Motorola Solutions as well as those offered to our customers as part of product offerings and solutions.
The Global Procurement team is moving beyond more traditional sourcing and procurement goals by going beyond cost savings and creating value for the enterprise by improving profitability, increasing supplier collaboration, and supporting new solutions development. We are a client focused team designed to bring value and help lead innovations within the enterprise.
The Network Systems Procurement team seeks a Category Manager for the RF and Server and Workstation Categories. The successful applicant will be able to independently lead a cross functional team to develop category strategies, create deep relationships with suppliers, mitigate supply risk and quality issues, achieve target cost reductions, and communicate with all levels of management within MSI.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
- Setting long term commercial strategic direction for assigned categories including RF Antennas and RF Filters, and leading the RF Strategic Category Team, and Servers and Workstations.
- Influencing business and wider category stakeholders.
- Developing relationships with senior leaders both within and external to Procurement.
- Optimizing a supply base to meet the changing requirements of the category.
- Leading supplier contract negotiations ensuring a framework for strategic relationships with limited risk.
- Providing subject matter expertise on complex purchasing, legal & contractual issues.
- Financial Acumen associated with a Procurement role
- Defining governance around best practices and procurement policies.
- Achieving category targets for cost reductions.
- Implementing Global Category Strategies.
- Performing Supplier relationship management and reviews.
- Understanding the category marketplace, cost drivers, and supply base capabilities
- Documenting and maintaining activities within the category
- IT or Technology experience.
- Strong experience managing complex strategic sourcing projects.
- Experience working in a large, complex, global business.
- Experience running the RFx process.
- Contract negotiations without much Legal guidance.
- Ability to support large/complex supplier deals potentially including Hardware, Software, and Services integrated solutions.
- Ability to interact with and present to VP Levels.
- Core analytic skills to independently dive into an unclear area and make sense of it.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- 3+ years of Procurement Category Management experience or equivalent
- Bachelors Degree (in Supply Chain, Procurement, Engineering or other field)
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.