Machine and Fabricated Parts Program Manager I
Wesco Aircraft, Valencia, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Wesco Aircraft is a dynamic, global company looking for enthusiastic team members to support our vision: To generate value in everything we do every day as a highly engaged team delivering the best customer experience. We invest in our employees, providing outstanding opportunities for career progression and personal development. We invite you to explore a career with our Wesco Aircraft team.
The Machined & Fabricated Parts Program Manager I, is accountable for ensuring the strategic objectives of the Machined & Fabricated Parts (M&FP) group is developed, implemented, and consistently executed to provide error-free, on-time delivery of high quality products. The role is responsible for mapping and executing basic requirements for existing customer contracts and ongoing contract revisions/maintenance with goals of optimizing program profitability, while actively cultivating and sustaining valuable department personnel growth and development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of customers and their special requirements to ensure proper handling of accounts
- Provide subject-matter expertise in the area of the technical guidance and develop proactive plans to meet the customer's customized needs
- Monitor and drive department KPI's, response times, and ability to fulfill customer requests, accurately and timely
- Evaluate and approve supplier quotes, make recommendations for supplier awards
- Assist, if required, in auditing incoming "Buy" requisitions for accuracy and completeness, and to check that any problems on the requisitions are resolved with the appropriate department
- Interact with other departments and branches to research and resolve customer inquiries, including quality issues, accounting issues, and delivery problems to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure prompt follow-up with customer to determine status of RFQ, answering any questions to obtain approval and acceptance
- Ensure new prospects are project managed through to the first delivery, working commercially with the Branch and/or Corporate Sales to select the vendors of choice at the front end of the sales activity
- Oversee the processing of all incoming customer purchase orders and perform sales contract review according to ISO/AS procedures
- Ensure supplier compliance with contract cost, ISO/AS quality procedures and schedule requirements, or WUK185, as applicable
- Ensure the organization and security of customer lists, contracts, and documents, as required
- Continually drive and recommend process improvements through value-adding procedural enhancements, including system upgrades
- Oversee the training and development of the Product Coordinators, as needed
- Assist in the development of training and communication tools/media to continually promote the M&FP commodity within and externally to Wesco (in conjunction with the Marketing Department)
- Attend sales meetings and trade shows, departmental meetings and company sponsored meetings, as required
- Travel as necessary to fulfill the essential duties of the job
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of previous experience within the Aerospace industry in the field of manufacturing, machining, and/or fabricated parts required
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management (procurement and supplier relationships) as it pertains to customer designed product within the aerospace industry required
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of project management, process mapping, and complex contract maintenance
- Demonstrated intermediate to strong skills in the comprehension of contracts, reviewing RFQ's, and customer specific terms and conditions
- Proven ability to provide high-quality customer service
- Demonstrate strong ability to analyze and interpret statistical workflow and time & labor data to produce profitable results
- Demonstrated ability to compile reports and compose professional business correspondence
- Ability to lead and motivate others to strive to perform with high quality standards and professionalism
- Strong proven ability to interpret blueprints and communicate technical specifications and contractual obligation based on customer requirements
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills partnered with professional daily interaction with internal/external customers, vendors/suppliers etc. at various levels of the organization
- Training and knowledge of ISO/AS requirements and Wesco's Total Quality Management Plan
- Strong competency working with integrated data systems and Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel (i.e., spreadsheets, formulas, importing and exporting of files, as applicable), Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project is required
- Ability to travel as necessary
This position requires use of information which is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Wesco Aircraft is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Wesco is proud to offer a broad range of benefits options. You can choose from a number of plans including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and voluntary supplemental programs. All full-time employees are eligible for benefits coverage.
Wesco Aircraft is one of the world's leading distributors and providers of comprehensive supply chain management services to the global aerospace industry, based on annual sales. Our services range from traditional distribution to the management of supplier relationships, quality assurance, kitting, just-in-time delivery, chemical management services, third-party logistics or fourth-party logistics and point-of-use inventory management. We offer one of the world's broadest portfolios of aerospace products, including C-class hardware, chemical and electrical and comprised of more than 563,000 active stock-keeping units. Wesco Aircraft has more than 2,900 employees across 50 locations globally with net sales of $1.6 billion in 2018.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.