Manager of Structural Repair Manuals, Aftermarket
United Technologies Corporation, Chula Vista, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
United States of America
HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
We are looking to bring on a Manager of Structural Repair Manuals, Aftermarket who will lead a team of engineers and designers in development of new manuals content, and updates to existing Repairs and Allowable Damage Limits across multiple programs in a highly customer focused environment.
- Lead multi-disciplined team work with your local teams, 3rd party vendors and global support teams.
- Develop standards and provide procedures and stress analysis for repair solutions on commercial nacelle hardware that are compliant with certified type design and airworthiness (FAA/EASA) requirements.
- Ensure all technical, airworthiness and regulatory requirements are complied with and means of compliance evidence is available while ensuring alignment with customer expectations
Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be able to effectively lead direct reports, encourage team environment, plan and prioritize multiple tasks to support deliverables.
- knowledge in technical understanding of maintenance, repair, and regulatory requirements in the commercial aircraft industry.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate well with internal and external customers and be driven to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ability to serve as the key point of contact for internal and external customers on SRM and related repair issues.
- Must be able to lead individuals and teams in the generation of standard work for repair development and stress analyses.
- Ability to work with all levels of maintenance, engineering, and management personnel.
- Ability to manage budgets and forecast spend.
- Posses excellent technical writing and PC skills.
- Foster a continuous improvement and quality culture.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Nacelle experience
- Familiar with various aircraft repair manuals
- Posses proficient understanding of the development of aircraft metallic and composite nacelle and exhaust structural repairs and allowable damages.
- Business Jet experience
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Ability to buy an additional week of vacation
- Employee scholar program
- Funding of courses for pursuing approved certifications
- Annual Merit and performance review
- Numerous paths for advancement – both within team you join and outside
- UTFlex program consideration
- Primary CareTake leave
- Parental Leave
- And More!!
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.