Senior Systems Engineer - USAF
General Atomics, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Job Summary: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our USAF Program Engineering team in Poway, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform System Engineering activities primarily focused on Unmanned Aircraft (UA) related programs.
- Develop Requirement Specifications, Interface Control Documents, and Design Descriptions.
- Support system design, development, test and verification activities.
- Support research and development for proposals, white papers and action responses.
- Elicit stakeholder needs, analysis and define requirements; to include allocations, allocation, decomposition and bi-directional traceability.
- Determine system impacts based on functional analysis to a proposed change
- Troubleshoot conflicting design/development requirements, difficult coordination requirements, and special material requirements.
- Resolve unusual or complex engineering problems through development of innovative new designs or devising a new approach
- Effectively interface with personnel, both internal and external to the organization, using strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Context for interaction may include technical reviews, meetings, system level integration events, or representing the organization as a prime technical contact.
- Employ standard System Engineering practices and methodology utilizing available tools and resources. Includes tools for requirements management (i.e., DOORS), data management (i.e., SharePoint), documentation (i.e., Microsoft Office) and other similar tool alternatives.
- Familiar with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) principles and tools, to include experience with applying these principles and a working understanding of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) and/or Universal Architecture Framework (UAF). Includes tools which comply with the System Modeling Language (i.e., MagicDraw with SysML plugin).
- Develop and maintain engineering schedules/budgets for programs tasks or subtasks.
- Provide direction to technical staff and be capable to lead a team of low to moderate experienced professional staff.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelor's degree or two or more years of experience with a master's degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- US Citizenship required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Experience Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
Travel Percentage Required: 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required?: Yes
Clearance Required?: Yes
Clearance Level: Secret
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.