Field Service Engineer (West Coast) Job
Boston Scientific Corporation, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Additional Locations: US-CA-Los Angeles; US-CA-Sacramento; US-CA-San Diego; US-CA-San Francisco; US-CA-Silicon Valley; US-CO-Colorado Springs; US-CO-Denver; US-CO-Denver South
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Field Service Engineer (Therapeutic Imaging)
About the role:
The Therapeutic Imaging Field Service Engineer team is an integral part of the business unit’s customer activation strategy. This position is responsible for providing site assessments, system designs and technical support for equipment evaluation, implementation, and post go-live activities. Installation support will be provided both remotely and onsite, depending on the level of assistance necessary. This position will collaborate with the Field Sales Organization to develop a “best-in-class” customer activation experience. This will be done via comprehensive facility assessments, working closely with the end users to understand their current processes, then proposing and leading the implementation of the agreed-upon solution. This position’s success will rely heavily on the ability to engage with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
** This is a remote opportunity, candidates must live in a metropolitan city on the West Coast with access to a major airport. You will travel 85% of the time, sometimes on short notice **
Your responsibilities will include:
- Proposal of system configurations that co-exist with other endoscopic procedure room equipment
- Manage the relationship and expectations of the clinical and technical customer
- Ensure a white glove evaluation period and removal of process-related adoption barriers
- Ensure customer issues and resolution are captured, tracked, and reported through the Quality system
- Work onsite at the customer location, and remotely, in collaboration with customers, field sales, customer care and others within the Therapeutic Imaging team to provide technical and process support
- Lead efforts to graphically and verbally document systems and procedure rooms to facilitate remote support
- Accurately update account information, create installation and field service reports, and other pertinent information in Salesforce
- Work with R&D and Commercialization Teams to develop procedures for new product launches that exhibit the white-glove approach
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelor of Science degree
- 3+ years in medical technical service or related business such as biomedical or medical device engineering
- Ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Experience working within hospitals and/or ambulatory surgery centers
- Ability to articulate technical information to a diverse audience
- Organizational skills to pursue multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- Capable of diagnosing and resolving issues with video and IT systems within healthcare space
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to walk and stand for up to 4 hours
- Ability to travel with a frequency up to 85%, often on short notice.
- Proficiency with business software tools and the ‘Office Suite’ of software products such as, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Account management experience.
- 3+ year of working in a hospital environment.
- Team leadership experience.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 450144
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Job Segment: Maintenance, Gastroenterology, Medical, Engineer, Medical Technology, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Engineering
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.