Service Director-Emergency Room
Showe and Associates, Fremont, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Sep 24, 2019
• Collaborates with other Service Directors in identifying and implementing innovative models and best practices, emphasizing service improvements and cost reduction.
• Directs development and implementation of quality and utilization standards across the continuum of care to ensure coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused delivery of services and cost effective utilization of necessary services.
• Ensures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of the Health Plan contract and governmental and accrediting agencies. Oversees the development of department standards as identified by regulatory agencies.
• Develops services that achieve a high level of customer satisfaction with emphasis on customer service, highest standards of quality and innovation.
• Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues. May act as site administrator.
• Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes and the delivery of patient care and member services.
• Directs the budget and resource allocations.
• Manages the financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care and services.
• Our client conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, they reserve the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
• Minimum eight (8) years of nursing experience in patient care.
• Minimum five (5) years of management experience required.
• BSN or BA in health care related field required.
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
• Current California RN license required.
• BLS certificate required.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.