Senior Project Coordinator, PVDS Project Management
BeiGene, San Mateo, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Provide project management support to the Pharmacovigilance and Drug Safety department, including coordination of major department deliverables and projects (both intradepartmental and interdepartmental).
Essential Functions of the job:
- Partner closely with project lead(s) to ensure alignment with project(s) objectives and timelines.
- Support and maintain project schedule by working with team members. Track and ensure deliverables are completed on time.
- Schedule the team meetings, establish meeting agenda, coordinate the meeting logistics, distribute pre-read meeting materials ahead of time, and publish meeting minutes on a timely.
- Responsible for the maintenance of project documentations, plans, reports (such as MS Project), and communicating project status.
- Facilitate the team meetings and drive productive discussions according to the agenda.
- Create ongoing project status updates for internal stakeholders (i.e. senior management, steering committee, etc.)
- Provide coordination & planning supports for meetings and other project related activities.
- Apply project management expertise including planning, tracking and facilitating meetings and documenting decisions, risks and actions.
- Must be able to independently manage priorities and assignments.
- Bachelor's Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Life Sciences or other related area preferred.
- At least 2-3 years of practical experience in biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry or related area, preferably in a project analysis, management, or operations role, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Proficiency with Project Management tools (MS Project, SmartSheet or other).
Travel: As needed (one -two times per year)
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.