Business Unit Manager - Supply Chain (City of Industry, CA, US)
Danone, Industry, IL
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Business Unit Manager - Supply Chain in City of Industry, CA.
- Clear champion for a safe culture and driver towards an accident free workplace
- Provides clear leadership, coaching and direction to team in alignment with plant and WWF objectives and vision
- Creates strategic plans and actions for their business unit to ensure that the plant delivers its annual objectives
- Coaches business unit leaders in developing servant leadership standards and practices
- Champions the identification and implementation of best practices
- Recognizes and solves problems using Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies
- Leader in the implementation of the WhiteWave Continuous Improvement methodology within their business unit
- Performs routine health checks within their business unit on various daily management systems related to the daily direction setting process
- Maintains the highest standards in product quality and consumer satisfaction
- Directs and coordinates activities of business unit to promote: operational efficiency, waste reduction, cost effectiveness, and safety
- Ensures compliance in HACCP, FQP, and GMP, all of White Waves’ SOPs, and all state and federal laws
- Champions data drive decision making and is skilled at analysis of performance information
- Responsible for business unit expense control, including labor, materials and waste
- Generates and provides reliable information to measure the performance of the business unit
- Responsible for meeting customer needs through scheduling processes which ensure that products are manufactured, loaded, and shipped
- Ensures training programs are established and meeting the needs of the business unit
- Responsible for meeting all regulatory requirement and rules
- Pillar Membership to one of the Continuous Improvement Pillars; will likely own tools and systems within that pillar.
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from 4 - year college or University (preferably in an engineering discipline)
- 8-10 years’ experience and/or training with at least 5 years in a supervisory position; or equivalent combination of education that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required is acceptable
- Must be familiar with how basic plant equipment functions (pumps, hydraulics, electricity, boiler, compressors, chillers, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop spreadsheets, understand product formulas and percentages, calculate figures, proportions, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read data from charts, graphs, and instruments, and find digressions.
- Strategic ability to create, design, and implement improvements to current procedures.
- Able to think quickly on their feet, especially in emergency situations.
- Can direct or participate in project management from concept to closure, including
- Able to add and complete work of other production supervisors as needed.
- Knows all the safety rules, plant rules, GMP, and code of ethics and follows them strictly at all time.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to lift and / or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to distinguish colors accurately
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
- Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans.
- Must understand people and be able to communicate effectively with them.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme cold, noise, vibration, hazards, atmospheric conditions, oils, and wearing a respirator.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com.
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.