International Tax Director
Amkor Technology, Tempe, AZ
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Amkor Technology, Inc. is one of the world's largest providers of outsourced semiconductor packaging and test services. Founded in 1968, Amkor pioneered the outsourcing of IC packaging and test, and is now a strategic manufacturing partner for more than 250 of the world's leading semiconductor companies, foundries and electronics OEMs. Amkor's operating base includes 11 million square feet of floor space with production facilities, product development centers, and sales and support offices located in key electronics manufacturing regions in Asia, Europe and the U.S. For more information, visit www.amkor.com.
The International Tax Director will lead or support international tax planning and related structuring projects. The International Tax Director will advise on U.S. tax aspects of international operations, including U.S. tax compliance, accounting, and global tax planning. The International Tax Director will assist in preparing the company's worldwide quarterly and annual income tax provision under US GAAP ASC 740, including documenting uncertain tax positions, and supporting the related SEC financial statement and footnote disclosures. The candidate will support or lead tax controversy (audits) and special projects including M&A, tax incentives, and R&D credits. The International Tax Director will also lead or support documentation of Amkor's intercompany transactions and transfer pricing including Master File, Local Files, Country-by-Country ("CbyC") reporting, and related intercompany and legal agreements for the worldwide organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with US international tax compliance, specifically Forms 5471, 5472, 8992, 8993 and 1118
- Recognize complex technical tax issues, perform research and analysis to support management decision-making
- Assist with developing global tax strategy
- Assist in preparing the US GAAP worldwide quarterly tax provisions under US GAAP ASC 740
- Train and develop U.S. tax compliance team on U.S. international tax technical areas
- Oversee preparation of worldwide transfer pricing documentation, including master file, local files, and country by country reporting
- Manage U.S. international tax compliance process, including subpart F income, GILTI, foreign tax credits, and expense allocations
- Document uncertain tax positions to support the US GAAP financial statements
- Work with FP&A to model current and long-term forecasts by legal entity
- Evaluate and model potential intercompany transaction changes
- Recommend tax efficient structuring ideas that align with business objectives
- Analyze complex tax issues and formulate recommendations regarding major cross-border transactions, intra-company services, cash management, M&A and other business needs
- Assist with US international tax aspects of the global tax accounting, provision, and disclosures, including uncertain tax positions, foreign tax credit positions, Subpart F and GILTI calculations
- Oversee the creation of efficient systems and strategies, leveraging SAP and tax provision software
- Manage processes and documentation to comply with SOX 404 controls
- Assist with tax controversies audit strategy
- Partner with treasury, finance, accounting, supply chain, and other business functions to develop strong working relationships between those groups and the tax department
- Support or manage special projects such as tax planning, legal entity restructuring, acquisition integration, and other business development activities
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in accounting/tax or related field
- Minimum 15 years international tax and transfer pricing experience in a large global accounting firm or a publicly traded corporation
- Minimum 5 years recent tax experience in a publicly traded US corporation
- Demonstrated experience in developing tax strategy and leading global restructuring projects
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP ASC 740 and SEC financial reporting
- Demonstrated tax research, analysis and documentation experience
- Minimum 7 years leadership experience including: Hiring and managing direct reports, training, coordinating and evaluating of staff
- Must have superior interpersonal and oral/written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complicated tax matters in simple terms to all levels, including senior management
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, multi-cultural organization
- CPA License or Chartered Accountant is preferred
- Master's Degree in Tax is a plus
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.