Senior Claim Technical Director
Great American Insurance Group, Kennesaw, GA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group's member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American Custom, an underwriting division of Great American Insurance Group, dedicates itself to serving client needs and delivering outstanding service. We have made a name for ourselves as a full-service underwriting organization focused on long-term client relationships and customized business solutions. We specialize in providing primary casualty products as well as umbrella and capacity excess products that meet the needs of the commercial market. Our policy holders range from small businesses to complex multi-national corporations and Fortune 1000 accounts.
We are currently seeking a Senior Claim Technical Director for our Los Angeles, CA, Parsippany, NJ, Cincinnati, OH or Kennesaw, GA location.
- Manages a book of claims for a significant size, complex product(s) or for the line of business. Investigates and maintains claims:
- Reviews and evaluates coverage and / or liability.
- Secures necessary information (i.e., reports, policies, appraisals, releases, statements, records or other documents) in the investigation of claims.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files, and attends arbitrations, mediations, dispositions or trials as necessary.
- May affect settlements / reserves within prescribed limits and submit recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Conveys the most complex information (coverage, decisions, outcomes, negotiations, etc.) to all appropriate parties maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures compliance of claims handling pursuant to all state, legal, statutory and regulatory bodies to comply with all company procedures and requirements.
- Serves as the technical expert on a product(s) and / or line of business.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations to executive management on internal and external issues of strategic importance to a product(s) and / or line of business.
- Plans for and ensures that budget and performance targets are met.
- Provides technical advice to lower level positions and other functional areas.
- a. Interacts with underwriting and marketing regarding claims trend issues.
- May provide input to establishing policies and procedures.
- Leads the work of others (mentors, prioritizes, delegates and reviews assignments).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Liberal Arts, Business or a related discipline.
- 10+ years' experience in complex litigation involving high exposure Excess/Umbrella claims
- A high and extensive level of technical knowledge and skills
- Significant litigation management and negotiation experience required
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Management experience a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and overall technological acumen
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.