Technical Service Manager, Lung Health - Plymouth, MN
Medtronic, Plymouth, MN
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
A Day in the Life
The Lung Health Manager of Technical Service provides overall leadership and coordination for the tactical execution and development of the ILS business technical support and field service. As such they provide leadership, management, and support for Technical Service employees including: performance management, development planning, succession planning, and employee communications. They will sustain a positive work environment to ensure highest level of customer service, productivity, employee engagement, and performance. The Manager of Technical Service will collaborate with other Lung Health leaders on product development as well as ensuring quality metrics are met across all serviced platforms. Finally, the Manager, Technical Service collaborates with other leaders in similar functions worldwide to capture and share best practices and help teams scale process and platforms.
- Measure, analyze, and report on critical department performance metrics (e.g., installations, technical service support, revenue generated, cost-reduction activities, expenses, customer service/satisfaction, etc.).
- Enhances ongoing operations by fully leveraging current resources and leading process improvement initiatives.
- Leverages opportunities to simplify, automate, and mobilize technical service solutions.
- Collaborates with other functional areas/departments to ensure that corporate objectives are achieved through effective communication, task execution and contingency planning.
- Develops and administers budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Designs, implements, and continuously improves procedures and policies for installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and servicing ILS products and systems.
- Provides staff direction, leadership and coaching to meet schedules and resolve technical or operational problems and provide excellent customer service.
- Hires, trains, mentors, and directs Technical Service department personnel.
- Monitors and enforces established safety procedures. Enhances safety procedures based on safety practices continuous improvement based on collaboration with R&D and field service feedback.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners to define and continually enhance technical and business aspects of new service product opportunities
- Accountable for all quality metrics related to serviced platforms. Must work with Quality on any CAPA or other quality reviews.
- Available for special projects outside of department.
Education required/ preferred:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college
7-10 years with Bachelors or Basic Degree
5-8 years with Masters or other Advanced Degree
5+ years of progressive leadership experience in functional area or related field
Field service management experience.
- People management preferred
Technical support call center management experience.
Strong leadership attributes with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Customer Focused with a proven track record to meet time sensitive deadlines in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
Ability to work in matrix organization and interface with all levels of the organization.
Experience managing teams or processes in an FDA regulated environment.
- Experience with Quality Assurance process and documentation.
Excellent understanding of capital medical device service, healthcare facilities, and experience interacting with and training healthcare professionals.
Excellent phone, written, verbal skills
Ability to cultivate relationships with internal and external customers
Detail oriented and highly organized, with abilities to inspire, motivate and manage a diverse team.
Knowledgeable in Microsoft systems and applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, some programming experience a plus.
General computer knowledge and networking experience is required.
Ability to interact with a wide variety of personalities and methodologies of a diverse group.
- Other duties as assigned
Report to:VP of Sales, ILS
With frequent communication with:
Sales, Sales Operations, R&D, Operations, Marketing and Quality
Responsibility to oversee:
Technical service group, including Field Service Engineers and Technical Support Specialists
- General office environment, up to 25% travel required.
- Occasional international travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.