Principal Network Engineer
ManTech International, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Principal Network Engineer in San Diego, CA on a team of 11 IT professionals supporting 40 CONUS/OCONUS locations. As the primary Principal Network Engineer you will be responsible for designing, installing, and maintaining remote customer site and core datacenter. The qualified professional should possess all necessary troubleshooting and problem solving skills pertinent for a network configuration engineer as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Numerous career growth opportunities and training opportunities exist with this position.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Designing network and VTC solutions while following established security guidelines and customer specifications
- Responsible for the overall integration of a total network (black and red) including the design, installation, maintenance, management, and coordination of a moderately sized and constantly growing network
- Creating and maintaining documentation, diagrams, and standard operating procedures
- Working with the other internal support teams to devise solutions for complex operational problems with the datacenter and CONUS sites
- Providing guidance and training for other IT professionals on the team
- Working with multiple vendors, subject matter experts, and service providers
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving issues related to a wide range of areas including: initially setting up, maintaining, or recovering customer sites, telecommunications circuits, routing and switching, Cisco VoIP, VTC, network encryption devices, firewalls, Cisco Security, network printers, etc.
- Efficiently resolving escalated trouble tickets
- Ensuring the network environment has STIGs properly applied and implementing necessary security controls
- Participating on project teams responsible for a variety of engineering tasks
- Attention to detail, ability to work independently, organization/time management skills
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in (Computer Science, Math or Engineering) or equivalent and 7- 9 years of related experience
- Knowledge of or experience with networking, VoIP, VTC, data circuits (T1, T3, etc.), security hardware (firewalls, IPS, etc.), network encryption devices (General Dynamics TACLANE), and virtualization
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II required
- DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) certification in Cisco technology (CCNP level)
- Cisco Collaboration certification a plus
- Cisco Security certification a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Comfortable using CLI
- Able to work independently and in groups while in a fast-paced work environment
- Valid US Drivers License
- Valid passport
- Annual 10% travel CONUS/OCONUS
US Citizenship and active Secret clearance to start with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
Other requirements: Operate computer equipment and lift 20 pounds, Communicate, Must be able to detect, Identify, Recognize, Observe, Assess, Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure, Ability to use MS Office, Ability to use PC, Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills, Interpersonal and People Skills, Leadership Skills, Listening Skills, Multi-Tasking Ability, Oral and Written Communication Skills, Organizational Skills, Presentation Skills (using Powerpoint)
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.Full time
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.