Crawford & Company, Miami, FL
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Excellence In Everything We Touch
The Practice Lead acts as the subject matter expert and thought leader for Crawford & Company and is responsible for developing, managing, and expanding Crawford’s GSLs, providing industry expertise to internal and external executives. The Practice Lead will have deep knowledge of their area of expertise and uses their network of internal and external alliances to help develop strategic solutions for clients across all GSLs.
This person should possess an in-depth knowledge of internal business processes and the organizations’ industry. They will be responsible for the leadership, innovation, governance, and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the company's operational and strategic risk, as well as, identify trends, systemic process issues, and training opportunities.
They will network and collaborate with industry leaders, internal Crawford sales and account executives, current and potential clients to understand and communicate future trends and create presentations and proposal responses demonstrating Crawford’s service capabilities and expertise to meet the client’s needs.
- Conduct analysis of market trends & opportunity, competitor positioning, Crawford client base and service offerings
- Establish designated industry practice group to support a One Crawford strategy:
- Identify and create virtual (matrixed) industry team to develop and implement industry-specific solutions (in conjunction with geographic and GSL leadership)
- Partner with GSL leadership (CCOs/Ops) to hire key staff if needed
- Work with GSL and CCO leadership to incorporate industry-specific value into standard client deliverables
- Develop industry-specific analytics and key performance metrics
- Partner closely with Marketing and CCO leadership to develop branding, go-to-market strategy, value propositions, sales materials, etc.
- Provide training & support to sales and operations teams around industry issues, solutions,
- Support ongoing industry client acquisition and retention:
- Raise profile and presence in the market via thought leadership (white papers, etc.), speaking engagements, carrier and broker relationships, and networking at industry events and associations
- Partner closely with CCO/Sales leaders and geographic leaders to:
- Develop industry-specific growth plans
- Identify and drive local/regional opportunities
- Provide strategic support for sales responses and attend key prospective customer meetings
- Support stewardship reporting for existing clients as appropriate
- Educate clients and sales and services teams on emerging industry risks
- Ensure clients are aligned with best-in-front model by leveraging appropriate industry resources across the company to achieve maximum efficiencies and optimize client experience
- Ensure execution of Net Promoter strategy on vertical clients, including participating in needed follow-up sessions and action planning for passives and detractors
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct.
- BA/BS Degree, preferably in risk management and insurance.
- A minimum of eight years of senior level claims experience which includes at least four years of claims management experience. Must have insurance carrier experience. Risk management experience is highly desired. Ability to interface with high level internal and external clients.
- CPCU and/or ARM certification desirable but not required. Some travel required.
- Must complete continuing education requirements as outlined by Crawford Educational Services
- Must be able to travel up to 60%
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented, self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of market opportunities
- Excellent understanding of insurance coverage issues, risk management issues and claims processing including state and federal guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Very good negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational ability and analytical ability.
- Good computer skills - mainframe programs and personal computers.
People taking care of people. It’s that simple. At Crawford & Company, we treat our clients’ policyholders like our own, helping to restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities at all points of the claims management process. Combining a legacy of nearly 80 years of unmatched experience with global capabilities and industry-leading technology, Crawford is at the forefront of change, while also staying firmly rooted to our commitment to putting people first.
We are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset that’s inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example – at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.