Human Resources Manager- New Britain, CT
Oldcastle, New Britain, CT
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Human Resources Manager- New Britain, CT
New Britain, CT, US, 06052
Tilcon Connecticut Inc
Job ID: 154129
Tilcon Connecticut Inc., a CRH company, has played a vital role in building infrastructure around our state, serving the market from 23 locations throughout Connecticut. As a leading supplier of quality crushed stone, hot mix asphalt, and ready mix concrete, Tilcon Connecticut has supported the construction of superior roads, buildings and bridges. The most respected name in the construction industry, from the quarry to the road, Tilcon Connecticut does it all!
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Tilcon Connecticut Inc. and CRH is the company for you! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for developing a high-engagement culture to help drive business success and build relationships with business partners in a collaborative environment. He/she must be able to think strategically, execute tactfully, and demonstrate strong judgement and handle the most complex and sensitive issues. This individual will serve as the HR management expert providing leadership, communications and oversight to ensure that the business is in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Develop talent management strategy, identify leadership competencies, conduct gap analysis, and collaborate with leadership team to develop a talent pipeline/succession planning (ongoing). Coordinate and organize annual Talent Review/Succession Planning process and materials.
- Direct, coordinate and support leadership development training programs throughout the organization.
- Oversight of employee relations issues (terminations, performance issues, complaints, lawsuits, discrimination, conflict, counseling, etc.) Counsel employees and/or managers as needed regarding union and non-union employee issues.
- Lead the annual performance evaluation & salary review cycles (goal setting, mid-year coaching and year-end reviews). Provide salary information & guidelines to managers.
- Develop staffing strategies to attract top talent, improve bench strength and market Company as "Employer of Choice" (including educational partnerships).
- Serve as the primary source for the HR portion of the merger, acquisition and divestiture due diligence, analysis and implementation process.
- Ensures compliance with all legal and government reporting regulations affecting the human resources function (EEO, Affirmative Action, FMLA, ADA, etc.). Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance. Acts as primary contact with legal counsel and outside governmental agencies.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with stakeholders ranging from hourly employees to executives.
- Ability to work independently and get work done through others using effective influencing skills, delegation, scheduling, and time management practices.
- Ensures that all HR strategy at Tilcon aligns with business goals by participating in the strategic planning process, operational business reviews, etc.
- Champions a culture that promotes employee engagement, customer focus and diversity as well as company core values.
- Partners with Regional and Corporate leaders to determine specific HR opportunities and builds Executive buy-in on key initiatives.
- Participate in parent company (CRH) led committees and special projects to assist in establishing policies and practices and implement at Tilcon Connecticut, Inc. as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures compliance.
- Continuously finds ways to improve processes and workflow.
- Manages a direct report; provides guidance and direction, establishes expectations, goals, and objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Displays a professional and courteous demeanor to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written along with strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Must be able to be strategic in decision making processes.
- Organizational agility.
- Interpersonal savvy.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Development, Business Administration, or comparable discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters and/or SPHR/PHR/SHRM Certification desired.
- 5 or more years of experience working in Human Resources.
- Strong labor relations background and experience with Union/non-union workforce.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Proven success in recruiting and talent management leadership.
- Proven project management skills, including facilitation, organizational skills, indirect management, and ability to hold parties accountable for results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SuccessFactors and Korn Ferry/Lominger a plus.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Tilcon Connecticut Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Sep 27, 2019
Nearest Major Market: Hartford
Job Segment: HR, Manager, HR Manager, Project Manager, Construction, Human Resources, Management, Technology, Engineering
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.