Sr Staff Business Intelligence Analyst
Dexcom, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
We are hiring for a Sr. Staff BI Analyst in our San Diego, CA office. In this role, you will be a key contributor to the Business Intelligence team and the larger Dexcom Data Organization, working with Data Engineers to provide actionable insights for internal and external stakeholders. Along with working to provide key operating metrics and insights, this is the place where you can use your data analysis expertise for good in the world. As a member of our team, you will be leveraging state-of-the-art technologies to create solutions that improve the lives of people with diabetes.
Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Constructs forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May provide consultation to users and lead cross-functional teams to address business issues. May directly produce datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with stakeholders to collect, analyze, define, and document requirements for reports, dashboards, scorecards, and analytics
- Build and maintain effective dashboards, visualizations, reports, and analytics using Tableau technologies
- Participate in Dexcom Analytic Platform (DAP) design and development: define new data sets, identify changes to existing data sets
- Provide end user support/guidance on best practices and approaches to design/implement effective, standardized dashboards and analytics
- Acquire and analyze new data sources to inform new analytics development
- Provide timely execution of assigned tasks in an agile development environment
- Proven success functioning in a BI Analyst role
- Significant experience working with key stakeholders across several departments
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Willingness to learn and use different Business Intelligence tools and technologies
- Strong SQL programming skills, including the use of SQL analytic functions
- 5+ years building and maintaining dashboards, analyses, reports, etc.
- Background in generating insights by extracting data from Google Cloud Platform (GCP) BigQuery data sources and blending that data with structured data sourced from relational databases
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 13+ years related experience or a Master's degree and 8+ years equivalent industry experience of a PhD and 5+ years of experience.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.