Sr Mgr Software Development Engineering-Test
Amgen, Los Angeles, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Career CategoryInformation Systems
Are you eager to take your software development testing and team leadership skills and use them in a creative new environment? Would you like to form a team that tests ground breaking software that helps develop life-changing biotech medicines? Amgen is using cloud technology, DevSecOps frameworks, and migration and continuous deployment pipelines to build new drug therapies for patients that address grievous illnesses. We are seeking a Sr Mgr Software Development Engineering-Test leader to fill a position in Amgen's newly built Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) team. Our small product team is a high-energy, tight-knit group who builds our DevSecOps framework used globally by Amgen development teams.
This position focuses on taking your technical leadership skills, recruiting and hiring skills, and team building and cultural awareness skills and enables you to craft a growing and diverse software development test team. This team will drive the testing of Amgen's core software services, from its DevSecOps frameworks and automated pipelines to its FDA regulated and full-stack monitoring services. You and your team will be responsible for testing a diverse set of frameworks, applications, and services. The team will continue to develop our end-to-end automated test harness that tests, deploys, and runs our internally developed DevSecOps framework. Our frameworks are built using opensource products and AWS services. And finally, you and your team will provide mentorship to our client software development engineers and scientists.
- Build a software development engineering test team and provide mentorship and leadership to engineers creating a new culture and team identity
- Lead our testing practices and improve the testing frameworks around unit, CI, load, and performance testing capabilities against the full CI/CD and migration pipelines
- Develop new automated test services to ensure our full-stack monitoring service works with both custom and COTS applications
- Test end-to-end CI/CD use cases, understanding our diverse user community configurations, use cases, and environments
- Learn and understand DataOps testing needs and requirements. Test DataOps pipeline configurations for ML and AI.
- Work with other test engineers at Amgen and help lead and evolve the best testing practices across our scientific and client teams
- Assist and help data scientist and data analytics teams use and adopt testing in their DataOps lifecycle
- Be an integral member of the core DevSecOps/DataOps development team and help develop, test, deploy, and operate the service 24x7x365 globally.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of related experience
Master’s degree and 4 years of related experience
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of related experience
Associate Degree and 10 years of related experience
High School / GED and 12 years of related experience
- MS or PhD in computer science or related field
- 5+ years testing in an agile, TDD driven development environment using automated unit, acceptance, CI, and system testing shipping commercial software through at least one development lifecycle
- 3+ years leading and running software test teams. Successful experience recruiting and hiring top talent.
- Experience doing full stack testing including infrastructure cloud services (Storage, VMs, Network, etc.) as well as application and user experience in a continuous CI/CD pipeline environment
- Experience crafting, building, and running automated test frameworks in distributed cloud environments such as AWS and GCP
- Experience testing in an automated and programmatic DevSecOps environment
- Knowledge of Docker containerization and Kubernetes/EKS cluster management for container orchestration
- Experience using Jenkins and opensource test tools
- Familiarity testing serverless computing and microservice functions a plus
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission – to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Amgen provides benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.