Perspecta, King of Prussia, PA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.Responsibilities
Seeking a motivated MID-LEVEL IMAGE SCIENTIST in support of NGA Integration Test & Image Quality Office (TAC) on the Acadia program. Join a skilled, highly respected and long standing team supporting product quality mission for NGA. This is a unique opportunity to enhance your career by working with the community subject matter experts, directly with the customer and with project autonomy not customarily given as a government contractor. Based on the priorities of the customer, the image scientist will support product evaluations, quality studies, new product initializations, product algorithm assessments, or develop image quality equations to quantify the expected quality of a system given various parameters. Candidate should have a working understanding and practical application of modeling components of the image path to include sensor, detector, atmospheric, and material properties. Simulation and modeling experience and ability to develop algorithm description documentation for software development is needed. Familiarity with current GEOINT systems, products and development, as well as the exploitation software packages will be necessary to develop test and verification methodologies. The candidate will work within an existing team to complete tasks as prioritized by government customers. Good communication and team work is necessary. A history of delivering results is critical to success.
The specific sub-tasks and activities to be performed include, but are not limited to:
• Sensor modeling; decomposing product formation elements to quantify the overall quality of the image chain
• Algorithm assessment to quantify the performance of a product given desire mission application
• Performing baseline assessment of system performance to support sensor initialization
• Operational monitoring of system performance over time
• Responding to detected errors and artifacts by recommending possible causes and corrective actions
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
• Degree in Image Science, Electrical Engineering, or Physics
• Experience working with SAR or OPIR imaging platforms
• Image processing and Digital Signal processing experience
• Image chain analysis to include sensor modeling, signal quality and noise, optics, detector calibration, and image processing of pixel data.
• Application of error estimation.
• Understanding and application of image quality standards (e.g. NIIRS), scales, metrics and image quality equations.
• Significant applied knowledge of sensor imaging systems, products, and exploitation processes
• Strong understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle to include independent testing and data verification
• Strong written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on briefing to obtain decisions and solve technical issues and test plans/reports writing
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Willingness to learn, solve problems and perform in a dynamic work environment
• Track record of delivering results
• Knowledge of National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG) tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination (TCPED) image chain, specifically the inclusion of radiometric support weather data and material properties (NEFDS).
• Experience working in a DoD or IC operational environment
• Experience developing engineering code (C, Python, Matlab, IDL) to solve hard problems and create processes for repeatable results.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.