FICO Advisors Fraud Practice Senior Director Remote/Home Office
FICO, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
FICO (NYSE: FICO) is a leading global analytics software company, helping businesses in 90+ countries make better decisions. Join our world-class team today and fulfill your career potential!
Job SummaryThe opportunity
“Are you ready for the excitement and mental stimulation of the consulting life? Are you a banker who is tired of the slow pace and bureaucracy of where you are? Or perhaps a consultant attracted to the growth and scope of FICO? This exciting opportunity would allow you to work on a new project every couple of months. Imagine working on a Falcon go-live with a top card issuer in the US, a rules rationalization project for personal lending in Mexico, advising a FinTech in Brazil on their credit originations defenses, and conducting an enterprise fraud maturity assessment for a regional bank, all in a 12 month span of time. It doesn’t get any more exciting than that!
Our team culture is to constantly strive to deliver value in our clients’ eyes and to leverage the power of collaboration. We love meeting new people, empathizing with their challenges, and becoming their ally by providing sound and pragmatic counsel. Their success is our success. The senior directors on our team are expected to balance client work, mentor junior consultants, use thought leadership, business development, practice development, and provide FICO product management with “from the field” input. If this team and role sounds like a good fit, we look forward to meeting you!” – Business Consulting – Vice President
What You’ll Contribute
The Advisors Fraud Practice focuses on supporting clients within the powerful Falcon franchise. Consultants are required to be experts in all aspects of the solutions and to be able to provide best-practice approaches for the configuration and use of the software. Our consultants also provide advisory services and fraud management thought leadership that is independent of the solution used. Advisory services are aimed at helping financial institutions in managing fraud exposure across different products (eg Cards, Retail Banking, Acquiring Loans, Insurance), coping with industry changes (eg Migrating to Chip & PIN), or dealing with specific fraud management concerns (eg First Party Fraud, Internal Fraud).
- Provide best-in-class, impartial, practical and actionable enhancement recommendations to clients’ fraud environments.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of fraud analytics.
- Collaborate with the client, other functional areas at FICO, and your Advisors colleagues to bring the best possible ideas forth for maximizing the business benefits delivered by the fraud solution.
- Participate in detailed data analyses that support our recommendations with fact.
- Problem solve and develop approaches for challenging situations that address a unique client need.
- Nurture the client relationship with both Advisors and FICO to build long-term mutually beneficial relationships.
- Proactively participate in constantly improving FICO’s solutions by bringing “from the field” ideas and perspective.
- Share knowledge across the Advisors unit and harness the collective wisdom of your peers.
- Develop, mentor, and recruit talent.
- Travel as necessary to support clients and projects within region.
What We’re Seeking
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field of study (or equivalent experience).
- Sound understanding and experience in all areas of fraud including detection, prevention, and analytics based on at least 15 years’ experience in this field.
- Experience supporting the development of strategic planning documents, proposals, business cases, and detailed reports complemented by excellent communication and professional presentation skills.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with clients, in project leadership, and a demonstrated results orientation.
- Management experience.
- Able to work proactively with minimal supervision.
- Additional advanced degrees, MBA, and/or fraud examiner certifications.
- Proficiency in a second language.
- A background in business or management consulting.
- Past employment at a bank or financial services provider.
- Professional recognition within regional market.
- End-user knowledge of Falcon, Auth Systems, and/or Processor Systems.
Our Offer to You
- A culture and work environment strongly reflecting our core values: Act Like an Owner, Delight Our Customers and Earn the Respect of Others.
- The opportunity to make a difference by leveraging your unique strengths.
- Highly competitive compensation and rewards.
- Flexible work options, opportunities to give back to your community, social events with colleagues and a comprehensive benefits program inclusive of progressive parental leave.
Why Make a Move to FICO?
At FICO, you can develop your career with a leading organization in one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today – Big Data analytics. You’ll play a part in our commitment to help businesses use data to improve every choice they make, using advances in artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive and prescriptive modeling, and much more.
FICO makes a real difference in the way businesses operate worldwide:
- Credit Scoring — 150+ billion FICO Scores have been sold to date, making it the most used credit score in the world.
- Fraud Detection and Security — 2.6+ billion payment cards globally are protected by FICO fraud systems.
- Lending — 3/4 of US mortgages are approved using the FICO Score.
- Anti-Money Laundering — our solutions check more than half a billion transactions a day to prevent criminal schemes such as terrorist financing
Global trends toward digital transformation have created tremendous demand for FICO’s solutions, placing us among the world’s top 100 software companies by revenue. We support many of the world’s largest banks, insurers, retailers, telecommunications providers and other firms reach a new level of success.
Our success is dependent on really talented people – just like you – who thrive on the collaboration and innovation that’s nurtured by a diverse and inclusive environment. We’ll provide the support you need, while ensuring you have the freedom to develop your skills and grow your career. Join FICO and help change the way business thinks!
Learn more about how you can fulfill your potential at
FICO values the benefit that diversity and a culture of inclusion bring to our workplace. We are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and we’re proud to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Full time
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.