Director digital technology
KinderCare Education, Phoenix, AZ
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation’s leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we’re committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you’re in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
The Director of Digital Technology is a critical role supporting KinderCare’s digital transformation. This position serves as a pivotal technical and leadership role within the digital transformation effort to benefit our KinderCare families, teachers and employees. The individual in this role will be responsible for leading internal and external teams to design, develop and support technical solutions based on business needs. The leader of this team will influence the Agile team focused on delivering high quality, timely solutions that quickly add value.
This position requires a blend of advanced digital expertise, strong partnership with Marketing and Center Operations teams, and an advanced appreciation for driving business results through technology to build exceptional experiences. This is a hands-on role where the leader is expected to contribute to technical architecture while leading a team.
Key responsibilities include\:
· Responsible for leading internal and external teams to build, maintain, and enhance KinderCare’s web presence; includes new site design, optimization, and a variety of family facing functionality to support our enrollment goals
· Responsible for leading internal and external teams (as needed) to build and maintain our CRM solution developed with the Salesforce Sales and Community Cloud platforms. This platform supports the highest quality engagement between families, our center staff and others.
· Outstanding technical leadership; able to coordinate and direct all phases of product-based efforts while developing and guiding the teams
· Work with Scrum Masters and other resource managers to ensure Product Development streams are properly resourced from an engineering perspective
· Collaborate with external partners who provide expertise in areas including database management, A/B testing and performance monitoring
· Research emerging technologies and work with Senior Leadership to make recommendations to the business
· Contribute to various advanced technology initiatives from time to timeQualification:
Key desired skills and experience\:
· 8+ years of related experience required, including 5+ years of web development, 2+ years of Salesforce administration and 3+ years of supervisory experience
· Demonstrated expertise in strong relationship building with IT and business stakeholders
· Proven track record of successfully leading and managing employees
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
· Experience with Agile methodology (SCRUM preferred)
· Experience in integration architecture, designing and development of various distributed applications
· Experience with SiteCore (preferred), Magento or other site management solution
· Experience in guiding development team to follow standards and procedures
· Exceptional written and presentation skills
· Position requires a degree of adaptability. Incumbent will be faced with a variety of issues on a day to day basis and will be expected to respond to these issues appropriately while dealing with multiple priorities and task assignments.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.