Vice President, Program Director - Global CIO's
Gartner, New York, NY
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We're the world's leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can't find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
The Research Board (RB) is Gartner's dedicated service for the senior-most technology and digital leaders from the largest and most complex end-user IT organizations globally. The RB is the only global peer advisory research service that supports the mission-critical priorities of these senior leaders through a combination of shared community insight (members learning from each other's experiences) and thought leadership from the Gartner analyst community, as well as through external connections from our extended ecosystem of vendor, academic, and investor relationships.
As a Research Board leader in North America, you will be responsible for representing and enhancing the reputation and brand of the most highly regarded information technology executive forum in the world. You will support current members in North America and own the evolution and growth of the North American RB community, collaborating closely with Gartner and the global Research Board delivery organization. We are seeking someone who demonstrates both a high degree of personal ownership and a proven ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders internally and externally to serve the top technology and digital strategy executives in the largest North American organizations.
Program Directors work closely with the CIO's in the Research Board community on their top priorities, helping to bring together peer connections, insight from the Research Board's dedicated research, and the wealth of capability across Gartner in support of members' goals. Working collaboratively with the Research Board team, Program Directors are responsible for engaging and retaining Research Board members, and for supporting growth initiatives to develop and strengthen the Research Board network.
What you'll do:
- Drive active member engagement in the RB Global CIO community through monthly member consultations in partnership with the Membership Director.
- Manage all member engagement and communications in partnership with the Membership Director.
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of member organizations, issues, and priorities.
- Responsible for building and maintaining solid, trust-based, value-added member relationships.
- Collaborate extensively with the Research team on topic and report development; contribute to research content drawing on industry experience and knowledge of the membership.
- Plan and chair member meetings (includes agenda development, external speaker recruiting and preparation, pre-meeting member communications, post-meeting communications and follow-up).
- Meet financial targets for member retention and new member acquisition while understanding and utilizing the value delivered to each member to ensure renewal and overall growth
What you'll need:
- University graduate.
- 10+ years of IT industry experience
- Business development/sales enablement skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to excel in a highly collaborative and fluid team environment.
- Demonstrated C-level relationship development and management experience, ability to influence.
- Superior meeting orchestration and facilitation skills.
- In-depth understanding of large enterprise IT market trends and the applications of technology.
Who you are:
- Communicates well, both oral & written
- Self-driven and growth oriented mindset, able to deliver high productivity.
- Highly collaborative and flexible working across the Research Board and Gartner teams, and with CIO's and their teams.
- Critical thinker and problem-solver with demonstrated skills to assess client situations and to provide thoughtful and meaningful support leveraging the Research Board member network and bespoke research, as well as Gartner research and a broad external ecosystem.
Job Requisition ID:37390
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link:
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.