Apex Life Sciences, South San Francisco, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
- Design and perform proof-of-mechanism as well as proof-of-concept gene editing studies.
- Hands-on execution of in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo assays to analyze gene editing of development candidates.
- Perform cell biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry analyses.
- Analyze, interpret, and present experimental data.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure timeline adherence and project alignment to meet group and company goals.
- Support external and internal projects via team meetings, presentations, and reports.
- Attention to detail and ability to operate independently.
- Excellent communication and record keeping skills.
- A PhD degree, or equivalent, with 3-5 years of post-doctoral training or industrial experience.
- Strong background in mammalian gene therapy/editing, RNA biology, DNA repair or related fields.
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of cell and molecular biology techniques.
- Experienced with mammalian cell culture (primary cells and cell lines), transient transfections, standard molecular cloning techniques, and cell-based assays.
- Ability to multitask and readily adapt to change.
- Familiarity with the field of hematopoiesis and hematological diseases.
- Experience manipulating primary human hematopoietic cells.
- Experience with gene-editing (CRISPR/Cas9, ZFNs, TALENs) and DNA/RNA/protein delivery.
- Knowledge in DNA repair mechanisms and pathways.
- Broad conceptual expertise with genomics technologies and hands-on expertise with assays including microarray analyses, digital PCR and QPCR, and next-gen sequencing.
- Experience in FACS, Luminex multiplex assays, and IHC/ICC/IF.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.