Executive Medical Director, Oncology Global Development Leader (3 positions)
BeiGene, Emeryville, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
BeiGene, Ltd. (NASDAQ: BGNE; HKEX: 06160) is a global, commercial-stage, research-based biotechnology company focused on molecularly-targeted and immuno-oncology cancer therapeutics. With a team of over 2,200 employees in China, the United States (Cambridge, MA; Ridgefield Park, NJ; Emeryville, CA & San Mateo, CA), Switzerland and Australia, BeiGene is advancing a pipeline consisting of novel oral small molecules and monoclonal antibodies for the treatment of cancer. BeiGene is working to create combination solutions aimed at having both a meaningful and lasting impact on cancer patients. For more information, please visit www.beigene.com.
The Executive Medical Director, Oncology Global Development Leader has high level accountabilities that are critical to the delivery of business objectives and portfolio value targets. As a GDL you will be accountable for the strategic leadership of the cross-functional team to deliver successful global product strategy aligned to the global brand strategy through the brand's life cycle.
A visionary business leader with an entrepreneurial style, you will have a passion to problem solve and the drive to succeed. Your influencing and engagement will ensure you lead a highly motivated team and succeed through credibility at the highest levels.
Your role will be key in the provision of successful product development and scientific and commercial excellence in support of the Company's drug development efforts.
Essential Functions of the job:
- A role model and an ambassador for the brand and for BeiGene with our internal partners and external collaborators, with representatives from the scientific community and health authorities, and in any interactions with health care practitioners and patients.
- Leads the cross functional program team and core teams which together defines and drives the strategic direction of the brand and ensures scientific value creation across lifecycle including initial approval, launch, lifecycle indications through to patent expiry.
- Is entrepreneurial in problem solving and maximizes opportunities for the brand through shaping and driving ambitious and deliverable product strategy
- Identifies opportunities for the product strategy and drives decisions by coalescing diverse internal and external stakeholders' interests.
- Ensures appropriate Governance and Compliance and protects BeiGene's Rights, Data and Intellectual Property
- Builds and effectively leads high performing cross-functional teams.
- You will possess expertise in all aspects of the oncology drug development, commercialization and launch process.
- Specifically able to demonstrate experience in designing development strategies (including role of biomarkers) and leading Phase 3 programs coupled with the appropriate regulatory and commercial experiences of successful oncology drug product approval and launch.
- Your background will be complemented with several years' experience gained in working in cross-functional / project teams with proven track record of successful product development and commercialization based on strong science, commercial insights, market research and competitive intelligence.
- You will evidence strong business leadership and credibility with key external oncology experts, payers and oncology scientific communities.
- You will hold a postgraduate qualification (MD, Pharm D or equivalent). In addition, possess significant industry experience gained from the Pharmaceutical or Biotech industries (or related).
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically in accordance with BeiGene's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, policies and procedures.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability - Follows instructions and responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and within budget.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.