Director of Group Sales
Vantage Deluxe World Travel, Boston, MA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Lauded by Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast, World Nomads Solo Traveler, USA Today, and voted the leader in solo travel, Vantage Travel has curated deluxe river and small ship cruises, land adventures, safaris, family and culinary journeys since 1983. Through an enriching roster of included features and Cultural Connections, half a million travelers have experienced firsthand the culture, cuisine, history, and wildlife of more than 80 countries on all seven continents.
Why Work For Us?
If you've got a passion for travel and thrive in a dynamic environment where you'll make an exciting impact on travelers around the world, Vantage may be your dream employer! As we expand our portfolio of travel experiences — including river and small ship cruises and land adventures — and our customer base, we increasingly seek creative, progressive, and motivated professionals to join the Vantage team in our Boston headquarters or in one of our global offices in Budapest, Buenos Aires, Beijing, and Cape Town.
The Director of Group Sales will manage and coach a team of Concierge Sales Consultants (up to 10), for a $20 million sales budget. This role will assess members' individual learning needs; develop a coaching plan including sales quotas, and conduct performance appraisals. The DGP will review the budget and determine actual versus projected needs; report analysis and sales activity, and assist Concierge Sales Consultants in selling to Top Prospects for large groups (5+ travelers). This job reports to the VP of Contact Center.
- Manage concierge sales team with 500+ accounts
- Increase pipeline sales by 20%
- Increase sales close rate on large accounts (40+ PACS) by 20%
- Develop annual sales plan based on company's objectives
- Sales coach, by listening to phone calls
- Assist team in closing accounts, by interacting with B2B & B2C customers
- Develop rapports with target clients (alumni, retirement and large travel groups)
- Recommend sales enhancement strategies based on market research and competitor analysis
- Report sales activity and performance metrics
- Gather and prepare analytical data for department meetings.
- Responsible for setting up 300 Groups and Referral parties per year.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's preferred.
- 10 years of Outbound Sales Management- Group, Individual, Specialty sales
- Social and experiential networking experience required
- Pulling reports from CRM required
- Experience training and coaching for outbound sales required
- Sales call center management experience highly preferred
- Travel industry a plus.
- CRM required
- Excel-Basic (pull reports, compile spreadsheets) required
- Business Objects a plus
Vantage's workplace culture is fun, collaborative, and meaningful. Our associates are fueled by the tangible results of delivering memorable and life-changing journeys while working collaboratively across the globe. Our associates don't just help others travel, but we enable them to experience the Vantage Travel difference with several opportunities to explore the globe on a Vantage journey, too!
Alongside free annual travel opportunities, we recognize the hard work of our global associates with a competitive benefits package, flexibility, and myriad wellness options. Our convenient location next to TD Garden and North Station puts associates in the heart of world-class downtown Boston and just steps from a major transit hub convenient for city dwellers and commuters alike.
Some of our benefits include:
- Your choice of employer-subsidized medical plans, as well as comprehensive dental and vision plans and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Up to 4 weeks of vacation time alongside 10 paid holidays, 5 sick days, and 3 personal days
- 401K with generous employer match
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Telecommuting and flexible work arrangements depending on position
- Free travel opportunities for associates, plus 25% discount on all trips for the associate and their family and personal airline ticket discounts
- 90% subsidy on MBTA passes inside of Boston and up to 50% subsidy on commuter rail passes
- Wellness program offering weekly fresh fruit delivery, on-site fitness center with Peloton bikes and lockers, weight loss benefits, and discounts on fitness boot camps and personal training
This company is run by the numbers and strictly adheres to weekly reporting and holding people accountable to their numbers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Vantage Travel is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.