Managing Director, Software Applications Engineer
The Charles Schwab Corporation, Westlake, LA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Our Portfolio Accounting Technology team is looking for an expert Technology Leader (Managing Director – Software Application Engineering) who will be responsible for developing digital strategy, delivering utilities, and experiences to drive the growth and loyalty of existing and prospective clients and accelerate Schwab's digital transformation.
This is a unique opportunity to grow and transform our business driving significant step-change in our time to market, building more integrated client-centric experiences, and enabling project success via multi-functional coordination and ownership. If you consider yourself a change agent, enjoy leading edge technologies
What you're good at
We are looking for a senior leader to oversee the overall technical delivery of key digital utilities and create modular and scalable solutions that addresses future architectural changes and designs. You have strong organizational and people leadership capabilities, building outstanding teams by mentoring, coaching and evangelizing agile practices. You have an ability to understand, align, and communicate PAT services to senior business leadership in development and evolution of data and services in support of platforms.
- Use your technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail to design, execute & maintain strategic goals & metrics
- Effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology enabled business solutions with high availability and reliability
- Execute at scale in a dynamic environment
- Build positive relationships and promote collaboration
- Identify talent, recruit, hire, and build high performing teams
- Coach, mentor, and provide direct, timely performance feedback, as well as, set direction, track progress, and ensure accountability
- Thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations.
What you have
- Required Skills:
- 15+ years of IT experience in technical, project and offshore vendor management capabilities.
- Technical Professional experience building ultra-low latency, high volume and reliable next generation platforms
- Experience building cloud native solutions and cloud hosted platforms
- Prior programming experience with .NET, C#, C++ and/or Java, with good knowledge of Microsoft Windows, LINUX, standard relational and NO SQL Databases.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Prior experience with Agile (Scrum/XP) processes in planning, implementation and support of business application components, including change & release management
- Strong knowledge of software architecture, development, testing, maintenance and support
- Domain knowledge and experience in application development including: client/server, web services, middleware, operating systems, databases, networking, security & business analytics.
- 10+ years of leading and balancing technical teams in delivery of high quality Digital solutions
- 3+ years' experience in Financial Services Industry a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Diagnostic Information Gathering
- Managing Change
- Influencing Others
- Developing Others
- Encouraging Teamwork - Team Leaders
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.