Business Tax Services Manager
Deloitte, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements.
- Advising clients on a variety of tax issues including accounting for income taxes, FTA (periods, methods & credits), tax provisions, tax compliance, business restructuring, and tax controversy.
- Overseeing complex federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
- 5+ years’ experience in federal taxation
- Solid understanding and experience with federal tax compliance, federal tax accounting and provisions, tax analysis, and tax research
- Solid understanding with accounting for income taxes in accordance to ASC740
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Strong management experience
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Job number: E20NATTMGRAS016-BTS
Date posted : 2019-10-02
Employment type: Experienced
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.