Business Development Specialist
Collins Aerospace, Chula Vista, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Collins Aerospace Aerostructures is seeking a critical member for our OEM Airline Sales Team; Spclst, Sales Bus Devel (Sales Business Development Specialist), the role will be located in our Chula Vista, CA facility.
The role will report directly to the Director of OEM Airline Sales and will assist in running the day-to-day campaign operations with the other Regional Sales team leaders. The role will require identification of pursuit opportunities, monitoring industry trends, gathering competitive intelligence, tracking metrics, gaining internal approvals, contract execution support and maintaining war room visuals. The role will also require collaboration on team strategy, handle key projects and provide day-to-day internal support to the Sales Directors on all sales-related initiatives ensuring overall business objectives are achieved.
- Handle day-to-day strategy/marketing (internal and external) campaign activity by working closely with Director of OEM Airline Sales and other members of the team
- Own key, strategic projects for the OEM Airline Sales team and drive them to closure
- Become an integral part of the team that focuses on the execution of securing customers to long term agreements
- Serve as a liaison between the OEM Airline Sales team and the Collins Aerospace Legal Team to ensure timely support of contract execution
- Maintain key performance metrics and campaign documentation (both hard and soft copies)
- Own Obeya Room visuals and SharePoint for accuracy and timely updates
- Study market dynamics to evaluate impact on campaign strategy
- Monitor competitive/customer landscape, assess competitor/customer strategies and support the development of counter strategies as required
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR Advanced degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- 5+ years of prior similar professional work experience
- Demonstrated success and ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks campaigns
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office tools, specifically Excel, Power Point
- Highly motivated individual with strong cross-functional leadership skills, high acumen for collaboration and the willingness to support activities across multiple time zones.
- Advanced Degree in a related field and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- Robust analytical skills are required, including familiarity of financial modeling
- Experience with other modeling software is a plus
- Experience writing proposals and knowledge of contract language
- Excellent written and effective verbal communication.
- Familiarity with the Aerospace market, systems and components especially aircraft nacelles
- Understanding of aircraft maintenance practices with a deep understanding airline operating costs
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by Collins Aerospace/UTC.
Location: Chula Vista
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.