Chief Information Officer
Southwest Key Programs, Austin, TX
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) role is to align technology vision with organizational strategy by supporting Southwest Key Programs Inc. and its subsidiaries' programs and processes with the appropriate technologies. Assuming the function of CIO, the role also provides executive leadership and is responsible for all aspects of developing and implementing technology strategies and initiatives within the organization. This individual maintains existing enterprise systems, while providing direction in all technology-related issues in support of operations, the strategic plan and core company values.
- Act as primary liaison for the SWK's technology vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads, and end users.
- Lead strategic technological planning to achieve organizational goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies.
- Leads the development of IT department strategic goals, objectives, and operations systems.
- Manage recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all technical staff in accordance with budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Collaborate with the operations and program departments to develop and maintain a technology plan that supports the organization's current strategic plan.
- Develop and communicate technology alignment plans to the executive management team, operations and program staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with technology-related investments and purchases.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology spending and initiatives while monitoring an annual IT budget and controlling expenses effectively.
- Explore and initiate new technology implementations and communicate them to key stakeholders.
- Define and communicate IT procedures, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating new network systems, equipment, software, and other technologies.
- Manage, prioritize, and approve projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
- Remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations.
- Creatively and independently provide and/or direct resolution to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure continuous delivery of technical services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of systems, programs, and equipment performance.
- Ensure equipment and software operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven leadership ability to both empower staff and co-lead an organization.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Schedule and conduct personnel performance reviews and goal setting for all technical staff on a periodic interval not to exceed 12 months.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong tactical skills and project management skills.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A combination of one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science or related field with 10+ years' experience managing and/or directing technological operations including customer support including 5+ years' experience working in a technology leadership position with a successful track record in project management and resource management.
Master's degree in computer science or related field with 10+ years' experience managing and/or directing technological operations including customer support including 3+ years' experience working in a technology leadership position with a successful track record in project management and resource management.
- Experience in strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development.
- Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including systems and infrastructure relating to telecommunications, networks, programming, media, and desktops.
- Solid understanding of technology systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, work flow, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support.
- Familiarity and user experience with Microsoft Office productivity suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, as well as Visio, and Microsoft Project.
- Understanding and working knowledge of HIPAA privacy rules per the US Department of Health and Human Services.
- Exposure to business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Proven experience in planning, organization, and development.
- Superior understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to technology issues.
- Proven experience as CIO or similar managerial role.
- Must be able to travel approximately 20%
Frequently required to use hands to handle office equipment to include telephones and computer equipment.
Specific vision abilities required include ability to adjust focus for work with computers. Driving as part of travel requirements, attendance of meetings, and company errands in performance of duties. Must be able to read, write, and communicate both verbally and in written form to express and exchange ideas. While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee must be able to access all components of work station and other office equipment. Frequent typing, writing, bending and twisting. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- On-call availability and access, and periodic overtime.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Unscheduled interruptions are to be expected during a typical work day.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment.
- Some out-of-town travel will be required.
An office environment with constant exposure to computers, telephone equipment, etc. A busy environment with many interruptions. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate. While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
General office environment with moderate noise. This position is mostly sedentary, involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. A busy environment with many unscheduled interruptions. Frequent computer use at workstation for extended periods of time. Public contact position requiring appropriate business apparel.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.