Technical Product Manager - Laurel Road (FinTech)
KeyBank, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Laurel Road, a brand of Key Bank, is part of the burgeoning FinTech space: we offer Mortgages, Student Loans, and Personal Loans on a self-serve website, . We simplify the process for both borrowers and bankers, while increasing choices of products, improving tracking, and making the banking experience much more delightful.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to expand and improve our groundbreaking Mortgage Platform. You will manage the product development process, find innovative solutions to help the company achieve business objectives, collaborate across cross-functional and geographically distributed teams, and help Business stay on top of the product road map. If you are interested in revolutionizing the financial industry, while working with a driven and collaborative team, this is the role for you.
- Manage the product development process. Continuously monitor sprint progress, correcting deviations by understanding and addressing underlying causes. Resolve these by better utilizing existing resources, by fostering communication, or by improving processes. Provide feedback to Business and management.
- Help management allocate available resources, including staff, contractors, budget, and technical capabilities of existing systems. Guide Business in prioritizing initiatives and epics into releases and sprints. Find innovative solutions to help Business achieve their objectives. Align timing for initiatives, resource availability, and release schedules with competing demands on Engineering.
- Help Business convert objectives into initiatives, and initiatives into epics and stories.
- Help craft the product road map. Requires strong understanding of requirements in the mortgage industry context. Work with stakeholders and Engineering to thoroughly document these, break these up into epics and stories with good acceptance criteria, prioritize and assign stories to releases and then to sprints.
- Collaborate effectively across multiple cross-functional teams, including Product Owner, SMEs, Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Data Analytics, Engineering, and Web Design.
- Support and guide the Agile development process. Organize and facilitate Agile meetings: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Help the team stay on track to fulfill business objectives. Manage project risks and maintain team momentum. Skillfully execute on milestones and deliverables in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the creation and monitor the execution of the initiatives, epics, tasks, and timelines, keeping these measurable and achievable.
- Produce clear and informative schedules, assist with business and functional requirements.
- Synthesize complex ideas and concepts and communicate them clearly to Business and from a technical perspective to Engineering.
- Provide hands-on program management for all phases of the release life-cycle, from design to post-implementation.
- Negotiate win-win solutions, fostering an atmosphere of respect and accountability.
- 5+ years of web Product or Program Management experience.
- Strong knowledge of Agile Process Management.
- Either a deep understanding of the mortgage industry or a proven track record of quickly acquiring thorough knowledge of a complex industry.
- Excellent relationship management.
- Ability to negotiate and generate consensus among partially aligned groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent documentation skills, including diagrams and spreadsheets.
- Strong technical aptitude, with the ability to communicate effectively with Engineering.
- Technical writing experience.
- Exceptionally organized and thorough.
- High level of energy, ownership, and accountability.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO).
- Software Engineering background, any wireframe, or web development experience,
- Proven track record managing large, complex products.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, growing environment.
- Experience defining product roadmaps and authoring PRDs.
- Experience working with external technology vendors and partners.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, KeyCorp (Key) is one of the nation’s largest financial services companies. Key provides investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance and investment banking products to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally.
Our goal is to be the best regional bank in the U.S. What that means is we put our clients’ needs first and take a customized approach to meeting those needs. At Key we’ve made a promise to our clients that they will always have a champion in us. To deliver on that promise, we’re committed to building a team of engaged employees who do the right thing for our clients and help them achieve their financial goals each and every day.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.