Sr Manager - Inbound Flow Operations/Transload
American Eagle Outfitters, Compton, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
As the Senior Manager of Inbound Flow Operations at AEO, Inc., you will be responsible for overseeing all US third-party logistics transloader operations & domestic inbound shipments to AEO's distribution centers while leading a team of operations analysts to deliver against our global logistics strategy and goals. You will work collaboratively to deliver velocity and service enhancements to key stakeholders/customers in all regions and channels, while optimizing costs and seeking system/process improvements. This position will develop all KPIs and metrics to evaluate global logistics vendor and carrier performance and leverage communication tools and compliance programs to maximize service. This role will implement industry best practices within the global logistics function on transportation mode optimization and inbound flow and fulfillment operations.
Your responsibilities include:
- In partnership with the Director of Inbound Operations, and the broader Supply Chain Leadership Team, developing plans to increase the velocity of inbound logistics and deliver cost savings in transportation spend; specifically by managing all inbound flow operations actions for AEO, Inc.
- Reporting directly to the Director of Inbound Operations, responsible for developing the consolidation and deconsolidation strategy for inbound operations
- Identifying, selecting and running the day to day deconsolidation and flow management of the goods through the network that consists of Air, Ocean and Intermodal modes.
- Leading and representing the team in initiatives that further our supply chain strategically, specifically: Omni channels, network optimization, implementing new capabilities, operational excellence, metric/KPI utilization as well as team development
- Partnering with the Manager of Global Inbound Operations & Inbound Planning team to execute strategies for inbound, inter-transloader facility, and domestic inbound transportation; delivering an amazing experience to our customers. On time. In full. On budget. Every time.
- Proactively engaging with internal teams and external partners to develop load prioritization, complete and accurate shipment planning and prioritizing volume in order to achieve the departmental and Company goals
- Providing carrier and service level mix that drives cost savings and efficiencies, while meeting SLA commitments
- Managing transloader service agreement and Carrier performance to agreed SLAs and KPIs through reporting and compliance programs, partnering with the Director of Career Relations as needed
- Partnering with third party logistics providers to develop and implement material handling procedures that monitor the cost and effectiveness of activities to optimize resources, prioritize spending and achieve volume, timeliness and reliability
- Working closely across the Global Supply Chain teams, especially Global Distribution Operations, as well as other key internal partners such as AEO Production & Souring and Inventory Planning teams; facilitating a seamless and efficient supply chain ensuring that the right inventory is located in the right place at the right time for the benefit of our customers
- Hiring, developing, motivating and deploying a high performing team of associates; providing ongoing coaching and support to ensure we're building talent bench strength for the future and succession opportunities
- Leading and coaching direct report(s) through a wide array of topics including business strategy to the tactical execution of the strategy; providing expertise on complex topics, leaning on prior experiences and know-how to guide others to meet or exceed goals; championing the development of associates, ensuring a robust succession plan
- Fostering collaborative relationships with various leaders and serving as a role model leader for the organization; displaying thought leadership and alignment with the Company's strategies and core values
- Evaluating logistics flows, processes, and systems to identify improvement opportunities, then developing and implementing solutions
- Driving supply chain efficiency/effectiveness as well as solutions to meet ever-changing customer service expectations; pushing innovative solutions for the betterment of our Customers as well as in support of the overall business strategy
- Must be available to travel up to 75% of the time
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in business, supply chain management or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in logistics management or relevant technical / business skills
- 5+ years management experience
- Apparel/footwear industry experience desired
- Broad understanding of third party logistics operations, supply chain processes, procedures and internal structure and partners
- Experience managing domestic over the road and rail services.
- Delivers results and hits deadlines
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and assertive in communication and follow-through with colleagues and business partners
- Professionalism/Interpersonal skills – clear and concise business communication; ability to influence others, comfortable interacting with external partners, cross-functional internal teams and management.
- Ability to travel
Our people come first. We employ more than 30,000 associates throughout the world and we believe that a truly diverse workplace is the result of an inclusive culture. It's about more than simply bringing together people who are different, it's about celebrating what makes us REAL.
We strive to be an employer of choice - a place where people are excited to come to work because they believe in what we do, enjoy working with each other, and have fun doing it.
Learn more at www.AEO-Inc.com
American Eagle Outfitters is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.