21st Century Fox, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Networks GroupWe are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
This position is responsible for working directly with the Executive Producer on coordination, execution, and evaluation of studio and event productions, with a heavy emphasis on day-to-day production management of San Diego Padres game productions, and those of another of our Southern California teams – either Anaheim Ducks or Los Angeles Clippers. This position will also oversee production of associated shoulder programming, as well as San Diego State & USD Basketball, and other projects, and will work closely with our Los Angeles Coordinating Producer, the San Diego Director of Operations, and the Director of Digital Content.
- Provides day-to-day management of San Diego Padres, and either Anaheim Ducks or Los Angeles Clippers game productions, as well as USD & San Diego State Basketball. Ensures a high level of production quality & consistency, and consistent evaluation of producers, directors, talent, and the overall production and technical quality of game telecasts.
- Provides day-to-day management of San Diego studio productions. Ensures a high level of production quality & consistency, and works closely with producers and directors on creating content.
- Provides day-to-day management of San Diego Padres and either Anaheim Ducks or Los Angeles Clippers shoulder programming. Oversees highly-produced programming, with content providing greater interest to viewers of these teams.
- Directly supervises and evaluates the San Diego staff & freelance Associate Producers.
- Oversees the Freelance PA group, with duties including scheduling, training, evaluation, and direct supervision.
- Provides additional operational management support and follow-through for the networks’ Director of Operations. Ensures consistent reporting and follow-through of issues involving San Diego truck vendors, arena & ballpark issues, visitor feeds, and freelance crews.
- Provides management of various other studio and event productions, as assigned by the Executive Producer, including studio programming, ENG field productions, edit sessions, and ancillary event productions.
- Leads and attends meetings within the production department. Serves as the point of contact for other departments, such as marketing, sales and programming, to ensure effective communication between those departments and production.
- Serves as a point-of-contact between Fox Sports West/Prime Ticket/San Diego and counterparts at our various external team partners.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 10-years experience in sports television production is necessary; previous production management experience is a plus.
- A minimum of 5-years experience as a Producer and/or Director of live remote sports events is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, including a demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Good organization and project management skills are required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook is required.
- A working knowledge of remote-truck operations and technologies, and experience with non-linear editing systems, is required.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- The ability to travel to remote production locations is necessary.
- The ability to multitask and work effectively with changing priorities is essential.
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and make decisions in a fast-paced creative environment with hard deadlines, is essential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.Full time
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.