VP, Product Marketing
Murata Electronics, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
pSemi Corporation is a Murata company driving semiconductor integration. pSemi builds on Peregrine Semiconductor's 30-year legacy of technology advancements and strong IP portfolio but with a new mission—to enhance Murata's world-class capabilities with high-performance semiconductors. With a strong foundation in RF integration, pSemi's product portfolio now spans power management, connected sensors, optical transceivers, antenna tuning and RF frontends. These intelligent and efficient semiconductors enable advanced modules for smartphones, base stations, personal computers, electric vehicles, data centers, IoT devices and healthcare. From headquarters in San Diego and offices around the world, pSemi's team explores new ways to make electronics for the connected world smaller, thinner, faster and better.
The V.P. Product Marketing is a member of pSemi's senior executive team and head of the Product Marketing Department. This person is responsible for leading the company's product strategy and product roadmaps, anticipate and understand future market trends and customer needs in order to define the requirments and KPIs for new products. This position will manage the portfolio in line with financial targets and resources, develop a high quality team of system experts and product managers, establish and maintain a collaborative culture of fast, business driven decision making, and drive the execution of product roadmaps for RF, Power Management, Sensor ICs and Modules.
This position oversees multiple products line directors, system engineering, and business planning responsibilities and reports directly to the CEO. The V.P. of Product Marketing works very closely with the pSemi and Murata Executive team to achieve both short and long-term company goals.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
- Lead marketing team to drive design wins and revenue generation effort at key OEMs, ODMs and chipset reference design partners across both smart phones and multiple new market verticals, including wearables, connected home, automotive, wireless infrastructure, data center and various new emerging IoT applications
- Identify market trends and customer needs, develop and align mid and long-term business plans supporting Murata's corporate goals
- Define target markets, applications and lead customers including business plans and entry strategy
- Define product requirements and KPIs and develop roadmaps through a strategic planning process
- Drive alignment between product and technology roadmaps. Manage product portfolio in line with R&D resources and budget
- Install new product release process and track execution and R&D spending
- Drive revenue growth that meets or exceeds revenue and profitability plans
- Build, define, direct, and lead the system engineering and product marketing infrastructure
- Provide competitive threat analysis to include supporting data and timelines
- Support the selection of new research projects in alignment with Murata's corporate strategy
- Work with executive staff to develop business plans for the company
- Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, budgets, policies, and operating procedures
- Deliver system knowledge, sales training and colleterals for design wins
- Manage product marketing budgets
- Create positive relations with partners, vendors, and sales channels
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Mindset for Innovation & Change (15%) Positively influence company, industry and society for change. Build a climate of willingness to accept challenge
- Vision & Strategy Planning (15%) See and grasp the future. Provide direction to the organization. Create strategy
- Connecting with People (Networking) (10%) Create new value by building relationships beyond the group, company, and country
- Achieve Goals (10%) Thinking positive when faced with adversity and seeing things through to the end
- Leverage Diversity (15%) Bring new value by leveraging diversity
- Fair & Balanced Judgment (10%) Understand the background and total picture. Make decisions based on conditions in a fair manner
- Draw Out & Grow Abilities (15%) View with an eye towards individual long term career development. Bring out others' abilities to the greatest extent possible
- Sincerity (10%) Respect others. Act sincerely
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
- Proven track record at the senior executive level in high tech industry with at least 10 years of managing a global Product Management team consisting of director level staff for RF, Power Management, Sensor IC and Modules
- Strong technical background in RF/Wireless, Power Management, Sensor IC and modules
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional teams with at least $300M in P&L management
- Established track record in defining and securing key design wins at tier-1 OEM customers in smart phone, wireless infrastructure, data center and automotive markets
- Strong global leadership, management, and organizational skills
- Ability to execute short and long term strategic initiatives to drive revenue growth, design wins, market share.
- Proven ability to develop and manage long term strategic direction and plans, drive continuous process improvements as relate to forecasting, pipeline development, and strategy execution.
- Ability to work across geographical regions and diverse cultures. Experience with Japanese customers highly desired
- Intercultural awareness and extensive international business experience
- Able to travel frequently domestic and international
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with strong ability to translate technical customer requirements into functional products and solutions
- Analytical thinking, long term business modeling
- Ability to collaborate and communicate at multiple organizational levels within pSemi and Murata, from top level executives to global operations and field sales
- Flexibility, drive and out of the box thinking
- Ability to apply modern theories, management and negotiation skills to real world challenges
- BS Electrical Engineering, MBA preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
pSemi Corporation supports a diverse workforce and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. pSemi does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, military or veteran status (including "protected veterans" under applicable affirmative action laws), marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws applicable to the Company. pSemi also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that an employee or applicant has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Note: The Peregrine Semiconductor name, Peregrine Semiconductor logo and UltraCMOS are registered trademarks and the pSemi name, pSemi logo, HaRP and DuNE are trademarks of pSemi Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies. pSemi products are protected under one or more of the following U.S. Patents:
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.