Murata Electronics, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
pSemi Corporation is a Murata company driving semiconductor integration. pSemi builds on Peregrine Semiconductor's 30-year legacy of technology advancements and strong IP portfolio but with a new mission—to enhance Murata's world-class capabilities with high-performance semiconductors. With a strong foundation in RF integration, pSemi's product portfolio now spans power management, connected sensors, optical transceivers, antenna tuning and RF frontends. These intelligent and efficient semiconductors enable advanced modules for smartphones, base stations, personal computers, electric vehicles, data centers, IoT devices and healthcare. From headquarters in San Diego and offices around the world, pSemi's team explores new ways to make electronics for the connected world smaller, thinner, faster and better.
Are you a self-motivated individual who is interested in developing his career in a technically challenging environment? pSemi, a Murata company is a leading fabless provider of high performance, radio frequency integrated circuits, or RFICs. The Characterization Manager will lead a fast paced engineering team focused on design validation and characterization of leading edge RF products. In this key technical role you will be involved in all aspects of developing and maintaining processes to rapidly analyze and productize new products including project planning, staffing, execution, budget and schedule along with creating data analysis tools, and measurement techniques. Products will include LNAs, PAs, Switches, and Antenna Tuning ICs.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
- Characterization: Work close with product designers to develop, evaluate and maintain optimum characterization plans for new product development. In addition to the characterization process, these include standard for conditions, quantities and in-process QA criteria as a function of parameter types.
- Data Analysis Standards: Develop, evaluate and maintain data analysis standards covering: statistical limit setting (including methods for aggregating statistics), yield prediction tools (Cpk analysis), tools and formats as a function of the parameter type.
- Characterization Infrastructure: Work closely with test and automation teams to develop the tools to perform rapid design validation and characterization.
- Analysis Tool Development: Develop characterization and test data analysis tools to stream line characterization (CPK analysis) and improve ATE capability understanding (GR&R).
- Team Leadership: Optimize performance by motivating team by example, influence, training and structure.
- Status Reporting: Provide periodic status reporting to internal customers and management.
- Personnel Management:
- Directly supervise employees. Carriers out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization processes.
- Responsibilities include hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; apprising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Developing Talent: Invests time and resources into building the capabilities of team members; helps people define career goals and establish development plans to achieve them; gives people constructive, developmental feedback and advice
- Delegating Responsibility: Provides people with clear objectives and allows them to take ownership for their goals; gives people a mix of tasks that challenge but do not overwhelm them; acts as a resource people can utilize to help accomplish their goals
- Displaying Technical Expertise: Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
- Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions: Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for decisions
- Developing Plans: Clearly defines goals and the actions required to accomplish them; considers possible changes, constraints or other obstacles that might impact plans; accurately estimates time and resources need to accomplish tasks
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in an Engineering/Production environment
- 2+ years of experience in a management role
- Related experience in RF or mixed-signal test development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of RF and digital design, test and product principles.
- Demonstrative understanding of analog/digital circuit test and measurement methodologies
- A proven track record of managing resources supporting multiple projects and programs
- Demonstrated RFIC product development and evaluation success
- Strong leadership and technical/personnel management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team
- Demonstrate experience interfacing with senior management, performing analysis, making tradeoff decisions and using project management techniques and accountability
- Familiarity with test approaches for RFIC products and familiarity with industry standards
- Experience with some of the following software tools: Cadence, ADS, Matlab, JMP, MS Project, Data Power
- Ability to teach new concepts and develop management tools to create a consistency in software development between teams members
- Sense of urgency to meet requirements on schedule
- Ability to clearly assess and manage risk
- Strength in documentation clarity and completeness
- Ability to multi-task and work competently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience with NI TestStand, LabVIEW or any other programming language is a plus
- Knowledgeable in MIPI, SPI, I2C interface protocols
- BS required, MS preferred (Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
pSemi Corporation supports a diverse workforce and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. pSemi does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, military or veteran status (including "protected veterans" under applicable affirmative action laws), marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws applicable to the Company. pSemi also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that an employee or applicant has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Note: The Peregrine Semiconductor name, Peregrine Semiconductor logo and UltraCMOS are registered trademarks and the pSemi name, pSemi logo, HaRP and DuNE are trademarks of pSemi Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies. pSemi products are protected under one or more of the following U.S. Patents:
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.