Team Lead, HR Operations
Eversource Energy, Tariffville, CT
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Responsible for a team of HR Generalists and HR Specialists within the HR Operations & Service Delivery function, with a strong focus on customer service, efficiency, quality and team collaboration; and overseeing work pertaining to employee benefits, retirement/pension benefits, support of HR Systems and tools and HR Programs and special projects specifically handled by the HR Generalists and HR Specialists (Tiers 1 and 2).
* Leads the HR Generalist/Specialist team responsible for resolving customer inquiries, service requests, and processing HR transactions.
* Develops and maintains an internal escalation and resolution process to measure issues escalated to Tier 2 and COEs, identifying training and documentation opportunities.
* Supports the development and maintenance of HR knowledgebase, ticket system and tools required to support operational needs by working collaboratively with HR colleagues.
* Responsible for monitoring team performance with regards to customer satisfaction and quality case management.
* Ensures a high quality of service delivery (accuracy of responses, timeliness, professionalism).
* Monitors and ties tickets to content and ensures a robust and fully utilized HR Portal and knowledgebase with the overall goal of reducing ticket volume and improving employee experience.
* Prepares reports as necessary including providing operating metrics and continuous improvement recommendations for the Generalist functions.
* Oversees the maintenance of procedures/processes to ensure adherence to security policies, internal financial controls, and legal requirements.
* Guides team and monitors team performance, provides regular feedback, and assists team members with setting and meeting in-job and career goals.
* Responsible for the delivery of benefit plan communications to new employees, potential retirees, and open enrollment customers.
* Oversees and reviews employee/retiree requests for benefit plan changes and determines eligibility based on company policy, plan provisions and government regulations; ensures required documentation is received and implements change when appropriate; provides documentation and explanation to "customer" when request is denied.
* Provides guidance and assistance regarding the proper interpretation and application of approved employee services policies and programs.
* Responsible for the administration of pension plans, acting as primary contact with third-party pension administrator, including sign-off on monthly processing, responding to escalations and questions from the administrator and responding to employee requests according to established policies and procedures.
* Maintains effective relationships across HR to ensure projects are properly supported and executed.
* Work with HR COEs to resolve complex escalations.
* Leads the development and maintenance of the HR knowledgebase and tools required to support operational needs by working collaboratively with HR colleagues.
* Leads direct reports to focus on operational excellence.
* Monitors and reports on HR Portal usage and ticket system stats.
* Builds and maintains strong relationships and communications within HR to share ideas, spearhead inter-disciplinary projects and coordinate common work efforts.
* Collaborates with other internal HR business areas to address issues that arise and/or to develop refined processes and procedures.
* Superior customer service skills.
* Demonstrated understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
* Demonstrated capacity for leading change management efforts and bringing together a large team.
* Bachelor's Degree in related field
* Demonstrated skill in providing superior service to customers including but not limited to HR colleagues, active employees, retirees, etc.
* Experience in a continuous improvement environment, including supporting technology.
* Minimum of 8 years of successful experience in Human Resources or a directly related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above. Strong knowledge of benefits and/or retirement/pensions required.
Licenses & Certifications:
* PHR or other relevant certification desirable.
* Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
* Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects: Work includes analyzing, planning, organizing, evaluating and documenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.