Manager Transmission Construction & Maintenance
Eversource Energy, Natick, MA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Lead and manage a team of project managers, construction representatives and supporting staff to successfully execute construction of Eversource Transmission projects.This position acts as the subject matter expert for the development, implementation/oversight of all programs and policies related to the project management of T&D facilities.This position ensures the portfolio of projects is completed within established schedules, budgets, as well as for the adherence to all safety, system, construction, industrial standards, and specifications.This position also serves as the Project Manager on assigned complex or high-risk projects. Responsible for strategic planning and execution of projects from conception through completion.
* Selects and oversees development of Project Management (PM) staff. Develops a mindset of accountability for outcomes consistent to level of productivity and quality of work.
* Manages performance by reviewing and evaluating work of project management team. Builds consensus, communicates performance measures, and expected performance levels.
* Responsible to take the necessary action to see that the project management team's portfolio of projects is completed efficiently, on time and within the established budget.
* Responsible for meeting goals, policies, plans, standards, performance objectives and budget for the portfolio of projects being managed by the PM team.
* Ensures that all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies, regulations, and laws.
* Acts as the subject matter expert for the development, implementation, oversight of all programs, and policies related to the project management of electric system transmission, distribution and substation facilities.
* Responsible to act as Project Manager on key high risk/highly complex projects. Will be responsible for executive level status report at work plan and other meetings.
* Accountable for the planning and reporting of projects timeliness, and financial impacts to the company.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires extensive knowledge of electric transmission and distribution systems. Also requires knowledge of the construction industry and project management. Requires knowledge of federal, state and local laws regarding safety, construction and industrial regulations. Ability to use Microsoft Office applications and other systems for analysis and reporting.
Education: Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering, business, related discipline or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years of experience, including a minimum of five (5) years leadership role in transmission or distribution or related activities or equivalent. Demonstrated experience in working with construction contractors and managing large projects.
Licenses & Certifications: Project Management Profession (PMP) desirable.
* Must be available to work emergency storm assignments as required.
* Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
* Perform occasional site visits in rights of ways, pre and post construction walk down of projects, and driving throughout Eversource territory. Work is also performed in an office environment which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area. Actively supports storm restoration efforts as assigned.
* Work includes analyzing, consulting, designing, implementing, presenting, leading and coordinating.This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.