Manager, Gas Project Engineering (Berlin, CT)
Eversource Energy, South Glastonbury, CT
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
This position manages and leads gas engineering activities in Connecticut for Eversource Gas (ESG) in support of the natural gas supply, delivery and service to our customers. It includes the planning and design of major facilities and systems and plant facility troubleshooting. This position is responsible for developing and executing gas engineering activities related to design and technical support for complex projects including capital work associated with take stations, district regulators, crossing bridges and rivers, installing pipelines under rail roads, state and municipal projects and the associated special permitting required (e.g., wetlands, easements RR crossings, etc.). Recognized as having technical expertise in gas engineering design, construction standards, 49 CRF Part 192 code requirements, state regulatory requirements (CT PURA) and gas operating procedures and standards.
* Responsible for complex designs for all gas assets.
* Manages engineering activities associated with state and municipal construction projects.
* Directs the development of written plans for PIPs and Uprates. Responsible for system review including design, operation and maintenance history and final project documentation.
* Manages written procedures for live gas related activities.
* Manage field activities to verify live gas work performed consistent with procedures.
* Orders material, prepares work order packages, writes testing, purging and commissioning procedures and prepares RFPs for complex jobs as required.
* Develops and implements best practice project engineering work practices and controls.
* Identifies special permitting requirements and supports the development of permit applications for wetlands, river crossings, Rail Road permits, Army Corp, etc.
* Provides technical support for complex projects during construction.
* Provides AutoCAD drawings for design, construction, as-builts and RFP's as required.
* Supervises and oversees the design of transmission and distribution facilities.
* Responsible for the evaluation of equipment and material failures associated with such facilities.
* Evaluates new products for use in the distribution system.
* Supervises the conduct of special studies, both engineering and economic.
* Supervises the engineering support to the Meter and Service staff and Meter Shop with respect to large commercial and industrial meter designs and installations.
* Monitors and incorporates local, state, and federal regulations into design and materials use affecting construction, and operation and maintenance of facilities.
* Serves on various Eversource internal committees and task forces to provide information and recommendations to Eversource senior management.
* Supports the risk assessment of all gas assets and development of the capital investment plan.
* Directs the department's activities consistent with Company standards and policy. Utilizes new technology and general industry accepted practices to increase productivity and efficiency.
* Develops and provides implementation strategies for programs and initiatives in support of Gas Operations objectives.
* Assists with field training and technical bulletin communication to area workforce and contractors.
* Provides assistance to operating department activities during system emergencies and restoration efforts.
* Implements best practices to achieve efficient and effective project engineering strategies and activities.
* Participates in or leads committees or meetings focused on compliance, both internally and externally, such as for the Northeast Gas Association and the American Gas Association.
* Manages the department by establishing and monitoring area goals, policies, plans, programs, performance objectives and budget. Analyzes and recommends resource levels to plan, develop and implement programs and policies. Establishes operating and financial objectives and aligns with department goals. Manages area financial resources.
* Oversees the management and development of area staff. Assesses the need for, and oversees implementation of, programs to ensure employees possess technical, interpersonal and organizational skills required to support operating plans. Supervises, selects, coaches and develops area staff.
* Communicates in writing and verbally in a clear, effective and timely manner.
* Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and regulations.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires comprehensive gas industry knowledge and technical proficiency. Has demonstrated through sufficient experience high standards of professional and technical competence. Initiative and aggressiveness to search out problem areas, creativity to devise technically sound solutions and confidence to make technical decisions in solving complex problems based largely on own effort with little or no supervision. Possess highly developed communications skills, i.e., ability to write clearly and concisely, make presentations before senior management and external stakeholders, ability to discuss ideas and be persuasive, and be able to work effectively with all levels within Eversource, governmental agencies and other outside organizations. Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local regulatory criteria, industry codes, and standards applicable to the specific area of expertise. Ability to provide work direction for others, assume authority and be assertive. Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information in order to propose decisions with respect to the specific area of the position in solving highly complex problems. Ability to grasp concepts, analyze technical information, determine facts and make well thought out recommendations/decisions. Requires strong organizational and managerial skills.
Education: Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related discipline. Master's Degree or MBA preferred.
Experiences: Minimum of ten (10) years gas distribution, engineering or technical experience.
Licenses & Certifications: None
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.