Director, Distribution Revenue Requirements
Eversource Energy, Medfield, MA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Lead the Company's distribution regulatory strategies to ensure full recovery and protect against loss for the operating companies located in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and/or New Hampshire. Develop a strategic approach that ensures a fair financial balance among the interests of regulators, customers and shareholders. Responsible for all state regulatory activity affecting the financial requirements of the companies. Direct and lead a team dedicated to distribution and other retail rate recovery mechanisms.
* Direct the development of financial and accounting data required for all state regulatory "tracker" filings, base rate cases and associated filings. Determine a level of revenue requirements that supports a reasonable rate of return for shareholders. Coordinate, review and approve all testimony, data requests, comments and briefs relating to such filings to ensure alignment on key strategic priorities.
* Effectively testify before state regulatory bodies on tracker filings, rate cases and other financial or policy matters.
* Interface directly, and act independently as Company liaison with other utilities, regulators, interveners, customers and internal/external counsel in a regulatory and financial capacity.
* Oversee the financial and strategic impacts of regulatory developments, trends and new precedents. Interpret regulatory developments for key stakeholders across the enterprise. Develop strategies to optimize positive impacts and impact negative impacts of such developments. Provide sound guidance and oversight on technical ratemaking concepts and strategic regulatory filings.
* Manage the regulatory process including assigning, tracking, controlling, and documentation management for state filings. Ensure appropriate review and sign-offs take place for all testimony, data requests, comments and briefs. Monitor for alignment of Company position. Drive key internal stakeholders toward alignment and consensus as applicable.
* Play a key role in consensus building among groups and recommending escalated approaches to Senior Management when appropriate. Support accounting and financial planning in the appropriate incorporation and reflection of the regulatory expenses and revenues.
* Collaborate effectively with several key business areas and direct a variety of distribution rate related activities, including customer rate impacts, earnings analyses and other ad hoc analyses.
* Lead Company teams working with state agencies and government bodies to achieve settlement agreements and legislation regarding Eversource rate proposals.
* Effectively develop and monitor staff.
* Strong knowledge of finance, accounting and utility regulation.
* Experience in regulatory financial concepts such as revenue requirements and rate making theory is highly desirable
* Must have the aptitude to draw sound business conclusions, act decisively and drive business results.
* Ability to effectively direct multiple and competing priorities and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills is required
* Strategic mindset; demonstrated ability to consistently see the big picture and provide effective direction
* Focus on innovation; continually and consistently challenge the status quo
Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related area required; Master's preferred
Minimum of twelve (12) years related experience (fewer years experience coupled with advanced degree, CPA and/or industry designation may be considered); prior experience testifying before regulatory agencies preferred
Licenses & Certifications: CPA or industry-specific designation(s) desirable, but not required.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.