Technical Lead, Field Communication
Eversource Energy, Plymouth, CT
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Participate in and act as lead for maintenance and/or project activities within the Field Communications department. Establish schedules for self and others, direct and coordinate assigned staff, maintenance crews, and contractors engaged in the installation, maintenance, and repair of communication and/or automation equipment, systems, and associated peripherals.
* Acts as the lead or has overall responsibility for the installation, maintenance and repair of communication and/or automation systems.
* Coordinates, schedules and provides work direction to engineers, test specialists, test technicians, and external personnel. Oversees safety of assigned personnel in these activities.
* Defines scope of major projects and consults with contractors and/or vendors. Coordinates and oversees work performed by outside contractors.
* Coordinates maintenance activities with Eversource personnel in other departments.
* Approves test results of engineers, test specialists, test technicians, and vendors.
* Develops lists of spare and replacement parts and makes specifications for same. Coordinates the usage of spare parts inventories among various sites and systems.
* Interfaces with internal and external Engineering and Design groups to provide field support for successful project completion.
* Analyses and interprets maintenance data. Verifies and contributes to the completeness and accuracy of maintenance records.
* Identifies common or generic problems with equipment, and institutes or recommends appropriate corrective action.
* Responsible for the effective and efficient use of assigned personnel, equipment and material resources for assigned projects or maintenance work.
* Reviews and evaluates the need for tools, parts and materials for maintenance work.
* Directs and demonstrates efforts to achieve world-class excellence regarding safe work practices and error-free performance. Assures compliance with the Eversource safety manual and all company procedures.
* Ensures compliance with applicable regulatory and operational entities, operating instructions, and minimum operating requirements.
* Provides timely and accurate updates, oral and written, for successful completion of assigned projects or maintenance work. Keeps Supervision informed regarding status of all on-going activities assigned to him/her.
* Provides guidance, training and technical support to engineers, test specialists and test technicians.
* Promotes teamwork among and between all members of the Field Communications organization and other internal Eversource groups.
* Individual will stand call and respond to emergencies and requests for support outside normal work hours.
* Assumes the duties of the Supervisor during his/her absence.
* Thorough knowledge regarding the installation, maintenance, repair, and operation of applicable Field Communications equipment assigned to the hiring supervisor.
* Meets the requirements as defined in the position description(s) entitled Senior Test Specialist or Engineer and pertaining to that group's primary function.
* Ability to repair, adjust, test and operate equipment.
* Thorough understanding of safety methods, practices, procedures and policies.
* Ability to combine theory with practical experience, determines facts, analyze information, make decisions accordingly and resolve problems. Handles technical investigations regarding equipment operations.
* Strong computer skills and the ability to operate a variety of software programs relating to databases, test equipment, and hardware configuration are required.
* Working knowledge of switching and tagging procedures.
* Recommend future direction(s) of equipment and systems based on changing technology and the availability of spare parts.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or electrical technology or equivalent combined with eight years of experience.
Associate's degree in electrical engineering or electrical technology or equivalent combined with twelve years of experience is required.
Licenses & Certification: Must hold a valid motor vehicle license with good driving record.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.