Supervisor, Electric Field Operations
Eversource Energy, Redding, CT
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE MULTIPLE VACANCIES IN VARIOUS LOCATIONS.
This position will be responsible for managing and coordinating all activities associated with the Electric Service Organization. This position is responsible for providing customers with safe, reliable, competitively priced and environmentally sound electric service through ensuring that the Eversource CT distribution system is constructed, maintained and operated to high quality standards. This position will enable delivering our customers with accurate and timely information regarding the operation, response and restoration activities on the distribution system. This role is multifaceted with responsibilities including; operating, response and restoring the electric system inclusive of work planning and coordination, scheduling, quality assurance, execution of fieldwork/response and restoration activities, performance measurement, approving invoices, coaching, mentoring and various other administrative duties. This position is accountable for oversight of all duties of the Response Specialist classification that involve providing, maintaining, and restoring overhead and underground electrical service to customers. Responsibilities also include on call duties and assistance during emergency situations. In addition, this position will:
* Supervise response specialists, ensuring the effective and efficient utilization of resources with emphasis on asset management, safety, customer satisfaction, reliability, and compliance with regulations.
* Develop models and inspire a strong commitment to employee safety, recognition, and workforce diversity.
* Ensure a workforce that is multifunctional, diverse, well trained, and motivated.
* Oversee and implement interpretations and administration of any applicable labor contracts.
* Achieves safety, productivity, customer service, and reliability targets by leading and directing the implementation of operational excellence strategy and tactics, communicating organizational vision, mission, essential objectives, and behavioral expectations aligned with operational excellence, and provide a safe, stimulating and rewarding work environment.
* Ensure achievement of safety targets by conducting field safety audits and completing other safety related process steps and action items.
* Schedule employee workforce as appropriate to maximize productivity while maintaining excellent customer service and reliability.
* Develop and model employee commitment to continuous improvement, safety, customer service and reliability through the demonstration of related competencies and behaviors.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or a related discipline or the equivalent education/experience and 5 years of related experience in distribution, transmission and/or field service design and/or installation, operation and restoration of customers required. Supervisory experience preferred. Individual will need to be self-motivated, work well with others, possess a positive attitude and have a strong commitment to safety and customer service. The individual must have the ability to analyze equipment troubleshoot quickly and restore services promptly. A valid commercial driver's license preferred. Individual expected to drive to various job site locations and customer premises to supervise work, review or discuss construction, response and restoration job requirements. May work with computers for long period of time. Subject to shift work including weekends. Off-hour responsibility is required. At times requires working long hours in response to outage situations and shift coverage requirements
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.