Managing Director, Investigations and Disputes
K2 Intelligence, New York, NY
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
K2 Intelligence is currently seeking a managing director to join our fast-growing Investigations and Disputes Practice. This senior market-facing professional will be responsible for developing and leading engagements across all aspects of the practice, including corporate fraud, bribery and corruption investigations, asset investigations, litigation support, and risk advisory and intelligence services.
The managing director will serve as a trusted advisor to clients across industry verticals to help identify the key drivers of client value and will develop strong and long lasting client relationships. Sustaining long-lasting relationships built on a foundation of trust is fundamental to how K2 Intelligence views its relationships with our clients, and how our team has had success in building the K2 Intelligence brand.
The managing director will develop client relationships in the New York market and the Americas region, strategically and systematically. The managing director will be expected to work collaboratively with other managing directors in the practice and across the firm, and with K2 Intelligence’s senior leadership. Candidates should possess a strong grasp of what is involved in the planning and management of multi-jurisdiction, complex investigations, and management of cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.
- Drive growth of the Investigations and Disputes practice, through establishing and developing new client relationships
- Engage in strategic and systematic business developments efforts (identifying new target clients, establishing and building relationships with senior executives at those entities, fostering partnerships)
- Prepare proposals, oversee engagements and maintain active and ongoing communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction with our work, and foster sustained and ongoing business relationships
- Provide executive level leadership and oversight of team members regarding engagement work plans and performance
- Act as a recognized expert and active thought leader in the marketplace; engage in thought leadership and participate in public speaking engagements; represent the firm in marketing events or other public events
- Stay apprised of industry trends and current developments
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree and/or similar advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of strategic business development
- A passion for excellence, creativity, and alignment with K2’s entrepreneurial ethos.
- A desire to have a significant impact on the broader business success of the firm.
- A high level of energy, sense of urgency, and decisiveness coupled with an ability to work in high-stakes and high-pressure situations with tight deadlines for execution.
- Strong executive presence and business acumen.
- 10+ years of strong experience in dispute and investigation consulting or equivalent public sector experience.
- Hands-on personality with strong drive, ambition, and enthusiasm.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent oral and written foreign language skills are desired .
In order for us to manage your application effectively, please include in the subject line of your email your full name, the role you are applying for, and the location of the role.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.