Amgen, Thousand Oaks, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
The scientist will primarily design and execute formulation and processing experiments for solid oral dosage forms leading to the best possible platform formulations and/or enabling formulations to achieve robust regulatory packages. It is expected that the scientist will conduct technology transfer to pivotal and or commercial sites. Independent formulation research on enabling technologies and or unique delivery systems is highly desirable. Knowledge and experience with development of small molecule parenteral formulations and/or aseptic processing experience is a plus.
Master's degree and 4 years of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Material Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Material Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering experience
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Material Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other relevant scientific field with emphasis on oral solid dosage forms and unique delivery systems.
- Experience as a Formulation Development representative serving on interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in authoring regulatory documentation (IND, IMPD, MAA, etc.).
- Experience with parenteral formulations and aseptic processes or unique technologies (eg. spray drying, modified release formulations, etc.) is also preferred.
- In depth understanding of typical unit operations for the manufacture of oral solid dosage forms (i.e. granulation, drying, milling, blending, compression, etc.). Experience in optimization and scale-up studies is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills that enable effective management and resolution of complex project-related issues involving collaborations with multiple functional areas is a must.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.