Infrastructure Systems Engineer- Messaging Platform Focus
Dechert, Philadelphia, PA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
The Infrastructure Engineer is a lead contributor in supporting, developing and planning the complex and critical environments of Microsoft messaging and collaboration technologies, both on-premises and in Azure / Office 365. This includes effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance firm-wide of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. This role is focused on messaging, server infrastructure and related technologies, including and not limited to messaging as a service: e-mail, instant messaging, mobile devices and device management. As the technical lead, the Infrastructure Systems Engineer must have the ability to lead, train and provide expertise within the team. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and Partners to work more effectively. This role also leads and participates in technical research and development to enable innovation within the infrastructure and anticipates customer needs to influence the development of innovative solutions within messaging and collaboration technologies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Act as a central source of expertise in messaging and multiple related technologies
- Take a leadership role in development, planning and support for messaging and collaboration technologies; facilitate and mentor team members and other members of IT
- Daily management, maintenance and future planning of the messaging platform and it's ancillary services
- Drive messaging and related technologies to meet firm business strategies
- Collaborate with other groups to define system requirements for server hardware, operating systems, management and monitoring systems, email system, Active Directory, Citrix, and Azure
- Lead and drive messaging related projects and initiatives including resource requirements and managing business needs
- Solve the unique and complex problems escalated from the Help Desk or other staff members on email, remote access, Active Directory, server OS and hardware, backup and restore, application issues and other technical issues within the Systems groupProvide documentation, training and knowledge transfer to all members of the group in support of messaging and other assigned projects
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Make recommendations on necessary upgrades, modifications, and optimizations to Dechert's messaging platform
- Influence others and provide strategic business and technical direction, roadmap design, installation, and configuration of messaging systems/services and security
- EMM/MDM design, engineering and platform support. Manage resource requirements and business needs for projects
- Lead operational, strategic planning, and business continuity / disaster recovery solutions
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Define and update departmental documentation and databases
- Write business correspondence for recommendations, project support, and customer service purposes in support of developing business strategy and firm objectives
- Provide day-to-day support, proactive maintenance, and perform independent complex system troubleshooting on systems such as Windows servers, Exchange and Active Directory
- Lead project teams for larger systems initiatives
- Implement and maintain user and file security across all server and data storage platforms
- Continue personal and professional development
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Overtime and On-Call as needed
QUALIFICATIONS / KSAs
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- 5 years of experience with Microsoft Windows operating system software
- 4+ years of experience designing, configuring, and implementing enterprise-class messaging systems
- 2+ years of IT-related Project Management experience
- Some hands-on experience with Active Directory and various versions of Exchange and Enterprise Mobility Management platforms
- Understanding of remote access service delivery, SLA metrics, and procedures
- 4+ years of demonstrated ability supporting complex remote access platforms
- Understanding of enterprise architectures, routing, and transport protocols
- Prior Exchange deployment, migration and update/upgrade experience
- Windows Server implementation, deployment and support experience
- Administration and troubleshooting Microsoft messaging applications
- Gateway service provider interaction/Cloud vendor interaction
- EMM platform support
- Remote device platform engineering, support and design
- Security policy and best practice implementation
Expected Skills and Competencies:
- Possess an advanced expertise in a wide-range of computer and networking software and hardware systems and technologies
- Ability to install, configure and maintain complex computer systems and/or related hardware and software
- Ability to develop and document repeatable standardized procedures for administration and maintenance
- In-depth knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Position requires strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Able to deal responsibly with sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and secure manner
- Have technical experience in core Microsoft technologies, including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and PowerShell 5.0 / Core
Knowledge, Certifications, Licenses or Registrations Desired:
- Microsoft MCSE – Messaging and/or Microsoft MCSE – Mobility
- VMware AirWatch/WorkSpace One
- VMware ESXi
- Nutanix HCI
Additional Job Description
PHYSICAL EFFORT / WORK CONDITIONS
For IT Technical Support Technicians or IT Support Analysts
- This position operates in a professional office environment which is generally free of hazards and exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- This position requires regular attendance on-site at a Dechert location with some travel to different sites using various modes of private and commercial transportation. Some remote work also may be necessary. Incumbents may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
- This position routinely operates standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopy machines, fax machines and filing cabinets, and requires frequent communication with the firm's employees and partners as well as third parties.
- This position is active. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand, walk, read, sit and type for sustained periods of time; to frequently bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, twist, climb and balance; to move, lift, carry, push, and/or pull electronic equipment and other items of light to moderate weight; to operate equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
- This position requires a normal audio range, with or without correction. It also requires the normal visual range, with or without correction. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Dechert LLP is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. The Firm prohibits unlawful discrimination in any term or condition of employment against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual's race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, membership or service in the armed forces, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.