Human Resources Manager
General Atomics, San Diego, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Job Summary: General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
GA-ASI has experienced tremendous growth recently. To support our continuing expansion, we have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced HR Manager to work as a strategic partner providing consultative HR support and solutions in our Poway location.
Reporting to a Director of HR, the HR Manager will lead a team of HR Business Partners and will support Executive Leadership and their teams to facilitate effective HR programs and business practices.
This individual must have a proven track record in building effective relationships, up, down and across the organization and will function as the knowledge expert and consultant with the ability to influence business leaders. To be successful in this role you must have a positive, solution oriented perspective as well as demonstrated experience leading a team and leading and implementing projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and motivates an experienced HRBP team.
- Delegates but also willing to roll up sleeves to address day-to-day human resources tasks and responsibilities.
- Provides guidance and development for HR team.
- Handles multiple competing priorities and projects.
- Sets annual performance goals for HR team, allocate resources and review performance.
- Champions HR initiatives and organization design and process changes within the department.
- Collaborates with and leverages Centers of Excellence in areas such as Workplace. Investigations, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition and Learning & Organizational Development.
- Builds credibility and develops trusted relationship with business leaders.
- In consultation with senior leadership, develops and implements strategic objectives.
- Implements HR programs and organization design as needed.
- In partnership with business leaders, identifies talent and implements career pathing and succession plans.
- Utilizes metrics to identify trends and build an HR strategy for the client group.
- Utilizes exit interview data to identify trends and make recommendations to reduce turnover and improve employee engagement.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition and business leaders on selection of new business leaders.
- Utilizes knowledge of laws, company policies and best practices to resolve complex and high level employee issues.
- Partners with Workplace Investigations and Internal Audit on investigations and resolutions.
- Coaches managers on Performance Management conversations & documentation.
- Must have solid knowledge of Federal and State (CA) employment laws and ability to educate business leaders and employees on these laws and apply in handling of employee issues.
- Leads the annual merit, bonus and out of cycle compensation programs for their client groups
- Partners with Total Rewards Center of Excellence on market and equity analyses
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related discipline and eleven or more years of progressive human resources professional experience with at least five of those years managing human resources processes and personnel. Additional professional experience or formal training in human resources may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have extensive and detailed technical expertise and application of relevant human resources principles, theories and concepts.
- Must be able to provide leadership, mentorship and direction to staff and colleagues while representing the organization, internally and externally, as a spokesperson regarding human resources matters.
- Familiarity with high performing HRBP operating models is desired.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of unusually complex problems using a high degree of independent judgment; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences including executive and senior management, senior external parties and government agencies; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide others; (4) the ability to effectively and efficiently initiate, plan, budget and manage projects.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and lead in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- US Citizenship is required.
Experience Level: Management
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
Travel Percentage Required: None
US Citizenship Required?: Yes
Clearance Required?: No
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.