Director, Infection Prevention and Control
University of Virginia, National City, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Responsible for the administrative or programmatic management of designated functions for Infection Prevention and Control.
- Coordinates infection prevention and control activities for University of Virginia Health System.
- Organizes and prioritizes infection prevention and control services and activities considering the needs of the customers.
- Participates in quality improvement and program development activities.
- Participates in professional growth activities for self while assisting in the professional development of others.
- Provides support to Infection Control Subcommittee.
- Demonstrates leadership in the delivery of services.
- Manages within approved budget.
- Designing and managing the personnel activities and organizational structure for the Infection Control program.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $91,312.00 - $146,099.20 Annual
Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing from accredited nursing program Master's degree in related field within 4 years of hire.
Experience: 5 years experience in Infection Prevention and Control.
Licensure: Must be a registered nurse and currently licensed to practice in the State of Virginia. Certified in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC).
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician's Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.