Department of The Air Force, San Jose, CA
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
The world-class healthcare the Air Force provides isn’t just for our Airmen, it’s also for their families. Family Physicians are responsible for the comprehensive care in men and women of all ages. From health maintenance and preventative services to behavioral and social needs, these specialists provide services that broadly encompass the treatment needs of their patients.
• Maintain comprehensive care for families that includes preventive medicine services, behavioral health and community healthcare
• Determine the need for consultation and treatment provided by other specialists
• Coordinate outpatient and inpatient services with other medical activities
• Formulate medical training programs and instruct both medical and nonmedical personnel on a variety of health-related topics
Your effort and commitment is essential to our mission, which is why we provide our Airmen with a benefits package that is unparalleled in the civilian world:
• 30 days of vacation with pay each year
• Excellent healthcare coverage for you and your family
• Food and housing assistance
• A generous retirement program
• Prestigious leadership, training and continuing education opportunities
• Free or low-cost world travel opportunities
• Excellent starting salary
This is an active duty position as an Air Force officer. To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
• Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Degree
• Completion of residency in family practice or board certification by either Board of Family Practice or the Advisory Board of Osteopathic Specialties
• Completion of five-and-a-half-week Commissioned Officer Training course
• Must be between the ages of 18 and 47
• Must be willing to relocate
About the Air Force
The U.S. Air Force is the most advanced Air Force in the world offering hundreds of career opportunities, from healthcare to engineering, in order to provide precise and reliable global vigilance, reach and power for the nation. Our mission is to fly, fight and win in air, space and cyberspace. And those who put on this uniform every day live by a set of core values: integrity first, service before self and excellence in all we do.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.